Home Precious Metals
Options

I smell rocket fuel.

Does anyone else smell it, or is it just me image

Comments

• Options
    Nope. I do not smell it yet. I think your mind is playing tricks on you. image

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    BATH TIME?
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There might still be time for a short countdown.

The question is is she blowing up on the pad or ready for the moon shot.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone else smell it, or is it just me image >>

I smell that all the time so I wouldn't know the difference.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Well I don't know about rocket fuel but I have doubled the amount of silver 2007 and 2008 W eagles that I own in the past month. I am sure

glad ebays "bill me later"was there to help me along. I am a small fish in the ocean but I now have 300 of those beautiful little gems which to

me is a big investment.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    I still think we will see another dip before it starts to move again. I welcome the dips. Wish I had batteries for the old crystal ball. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    11 January 2011, 08:48 a.m.
    By Kitco News
    http://www.kitco.com/

(Kitco News) -- Analysts with Barclays Capital look for gold prices to keep advancing, suggesting that the early-year retreat does not mean a shift of trend. A notional surplus in the market needs to be absorbed by investment demand; however, this appetite “appears far from tired,” Barclays says. “In our view, much of the new investment in gold is tied to a longer-term allocation centered on broader concerns of currency debasement, sovereign debt risk and medium-term inflation amid low interest rates, thus a burst of positive macro data is unlikely to turn gold’s fortune. Of course, this is not the first time gold prices have suffered from heavy profit-taking over the past year, and indeed such corrections have proved to be healthy and flushed out less-committed longs. The current correction has not been accompanied by a sufficient shift in the macro environment to warrant a jump into the bear camp; instead, we expect gold prices to venture further into unchartered territory, albeit at a slower pace, and set yet new highs in 2011.” An improved macro environment and higher interest rates could prompt a slowdown in investment demand, yet inflationary fears will provoke continued interest, Barclays says.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Barclays going out on a limb I see!image I think I'll buy me a piece of gold todayimage

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone else smell it, or is it just me image >>

I smell that all the time so I wouldn't know the difference. >>

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Older Chinese coins were guzzling it in NY and Tampa image
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    <<Well I don't know about rocket fuel but I have doubled the amount of silver 2007 and 2008 W eagles that I own in the past month. I am sure

glad ebays "bill me later"was there to help me along. I am a small fish in the ocean but I now have 300 of those beautiful little gems which to

me is a big investment.>>

Pitboss, are you speaking of the burnished?

I took a quick look over at ebay and saw some 07/08w's (burnished) around 35-40ish... I think thats a 'bargain' considering what the bullion version is fetching.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is rocket fuel the same as JP-4 or JP-8? Or is rocket fuel a solid?

I'm not really sure what rocket fuel smells like, but I did see The Bernanke carrying a can of kerosene around by the launch pad just the other day.........next to the fuel tanker with the leaking hose..........just outside the maintenance building where the guys smoke during breaks...........
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i><<Well I don't know about rocket fuel but I have doubled the amount of silver 2007 and 2008 W eagles that I own in the past month. I am sure

me is a big investment.>>

Pitboss, are you speaking of the burnished?

I took a quick look over at ebay and saw some 07/08w's (burnished) around 35-40ish... I think thats a 'bargain' considering what the bullion version is fetching. >>

I am talking about burnished.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i am so dense that flew right over my head!image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is rocket fuel the same as JP-4 or JP-8? Or is rocket fuel a solid?

I'm not really sure what rocket fuel smells like, but I did see The Bernanke carrying a can of kerosene around by the launch pad just the other day.........next to the fuel tanker with the leaking hose..........just outside the maintenance building where the guys smoke during breaks........... >>

The space rubble uses solid rocket boosters and liquid rocket fuel for the main, but that consists of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen.

The fun stuff is used in the orbital control and reaction control engines. I wouldn't want to smell it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All commodities had a strong day today, except for gold.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your shiny new platinum discs did ok though, didn't they?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Your shiny new platinum discs did ok though, didn't they?image >>

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    sniff...sniff image
  • Options
    I sure wish I had bought more silver! I am now stuck with loads of gold DARN!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Another 3% gain this morning. 33% higher than the 26.50 low a little ways back. Crazytime.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Schiff's newsletter yesterday was promoting silver (from a refiner in Texas) over gold right now.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also smell burnt cartridges and gunpowder from the shots being fired overhead, wafting in from the middle east.

I smell victory for those that had the forsight to stack against all odds and suggestions from non-believers.

Finally, I smell contentment. From here, it will rise, along with Gold goinbroke!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803

<< <i>sniff...sniff image >>

Well, it wasn't me ! It was the Dog !!!
  • Options
    Houston, we have ignition image
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Houston, we have ignition image >>

Up $1.00 today.

The higher it goes, the more we'll see 'dollar days' such as today.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>I sure wish I had bought more silver! I am now stuck with loads of gold DARN! >>

Hey, I will trade you ounce for ounce if you are tired of your gold, I have plenty of silver for that trade.