Home U.S. Coin Forum

A few more from the wife's grandfathers collection. - Pic Heavy

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
Here's a few more of the coins from the wife's grandfathers collection. I think alot of what he collected came from circulation, as I have found very few pieces in 2x2s or anything. He did have some misc coins(commems mostly, newer stuff) from the mint still in the original packaging and 1 or 2 proof sets from 63 and 64 I believe. He had a good deal of circ silver, that I had to explain to the wife's grandmothers was worth basically the silver value, plus a sack full of wheats with some indians thrown in. There are a couple rolls of bicentenial quarters, and a couple SBA rolls as well. These were probably from circ as well, as they are obviously home rolled. I may be wrong, one day I will open them up and see.

Anyways, here's a couple more from the collection.
1900-O Morgan - The wife's grandmother says that my wife actually used this as a teething object when she was a baby.
imageimage
1945 Walker - This was the best of the lot. As I said, I think these were pulled from circulation
imageimage
1958-D Franklin - If not for the chatter on the jawline, this would be a nice coin.
imageimage
1952 GWC-BTW - He had 2 of these. The other was severely cleaned with some sort of silver polish.
imageimage

Someone in the IHC thread mentioned I should annotate which coins were his, so I am going to print up some small labels in a font and coloration similar to the print already on the pages and use them.

imageimage

Comments

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    pics?
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, pics are up. I hit the reply by mistake. image
    imageimage

• check to see if the 1900 o is over cc
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Best as I can tell with my 10X loupe, it's not. From what I could tell going thru the box, there were no varieties to be found.
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file