Home U.S. Coin Forum

Show us your FUN NEWPs

MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
Everyone should be home from FUN by now and hopefully had some time to take photos of your NEWPs....

Here are two of mine:

and, of all things...

So show us your FUN NEWPs....

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

Comments

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    GORGEOUS IHC Mike! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    OH MY!!!
  • JeshJesh Posts: 277
    Well they are not my pictures, but they are Heritages:

64, 65 and 66, respectively:

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheesh, Jesh! Nice coins!
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All from the same seller:

Marked as Good-06, priced at VG Ask

Marked as Good-04, priced at Good Bid

Marked as VG08, priced just over VG Ask (ignore hair on reverse)
    When in doubt, don't.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a huge purchase, but it's a date/MM that I can now check off of my list.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Great looking IHC Mike! Trilobite is very cool too......did that seller happen to have meteorites and such as well?

Here's the one coin I won.....I bid on this and another but lost the other one to an internet bidder.

imageimage
  • Picked this up plus a few other franklin and morgan toners.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyone should be home from FUN by now and hopefully had some time to take photos of your NEWPs....

So show us your FUN NEWPs.... >>

That is a beauty. This was from this January's FUN show? I never saw this one listed, just a 64BN.

I think this is the same one from a 2003 auction.

and again from a 2009 auction.

You sure couldn't tell by those images that this coin was a monster like this. Great score.

• << <i>

<< <i>Everyone should be home from FUN by now and hopefully had some time to take photos of your NEWPs....

That is a beauty. This was from this January's FUN show? I never saw this one listed, just a 64BN. >>

im pretty sure he got that from Charmy
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins...sweet IHC...
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    A few upgrades for my Bust Half set. My goal is to have them all in XF or AU. The 1815 will be the toughest one to upgrade. My current example is VF30.

Upgraded from an XF40:
    imageimage

Upgraded from AU50. I didn't like the toning on the one I have. Love the look of this one!
    imageimage

Upgraded from VF35. Still keeping that one as I love the look.
    imageimage

Here is the 1823. I needed one in a PCGS holder for my registry. Will probably upgrade eventually to a toned one if I can find one reasonably priced.
    imageimage

AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I love the look of that 1905 Centimage
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really do commems but, since I live in the NW, have always liked this design. Finally found one I like.

Will post some later once they are photographed. Boiler78 was kind enough to ask Mr. Pollock to photo this at FUN.

Edited to add better picture. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Nice IHC and cool trilobite!! I only had one day at the show, and didn't see Andy Garrison, who is someone I talk to at EVERY show....Oh well, I'll see him next time!

-Paul
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up an addition and an upgrade for my quarter eagle set. They're on their way from Heritage.

• jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimage >>

image Love it!

And Jesh, that dime's not too shabby either image
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dontcha look up coprolite.

Then read the thread on washing your hands at coin shows.

eeeeewwwwwimage
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That is a beauty. This was from this January's FUN show? I never saw this one listed, just a 64BN. >>

im pretty sure he got that from Charmy >>

Yep, Mike snatched that beauty up right away - Todd's photos bring out the beautiful colors but I have to say, it's even more gorgeous in hand (and I am very glad it went to a good home)!

Beautiful newps everyone - there certainly were some great coins to be had at FUN!! I bought some beautiful Indian and Lincolns in FUN that Todd has photographed, so I will post them as soon as they are ready!
    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the B&M auction, but haven't received it yet.

imageimage
  • Nice Double Eagle you got there fella
    All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure - Mark Twain
  • BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice Double Eagle you got there fella >>

Thanks, and I like your icon image

• << <i>Well they are not my pictures, but they are Heritages:

image >>

Nice seated dime. I like the strike on it, especially!
    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.

• << <i>

<< <i>Well they are not my pictures, but they are Heritages:

image >>

Nice seated dime. I like the strike on it, especially! >>

Thanks! She is going to fit in nice with my type set (see link in sig). Can't wait for true view. I am also thinking a + is coming. Well see in a couple months!
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Great coins everyone! image
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

• << <i>Great coins everyone! image >>

Mike if you need to unload that hideous IHC you know where to find me image
  • Here tis': 1821 P64 O-106A

The coin happened to already have a trueview photo, so no, the service isn't that fast image

I had seen this coin in hand at LB about 2 years ago, so i knew that the Heritage pics really didn't do it justice. I also had a close confidant check it at FUN to make sure that it hadn't been messed with.

1821 is a really difficult year to find high grade CBH specimens. Usually, I prefer a bit more color/bling, but I just haven't seen many out there, and none as nice as this.
    "Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."
  • BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a MacBook Pro and just could not figure out how to post the pictures here with it. I know I have done it before with a PC.

I started out with 48 coins that I was tracking. About a dozen went higher than I wanted to pay. I quit bidding on others that actually went for decent prices so I
    could get the coin on ebay. This is the only coin I got from 2011 Fun Heritage auction.

I would have tried for more but this coin on ebay caused me to hold back some money for it.
    I have not seen any registry sets with the 1986 in this grade, but have not gone through every set.
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this Indian Princess dollar from Legend PCGS 65 ex Eliasbergimage

and this J58 Gobrecht from Tony Terranova NGC 64

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Here are mine.
    Heritages pics, not in hand yet.

• << <i>Scooby that 1821 is awesome!!!!! >>

Thanks Realone!

!821 is a really tough, sleeper CBH year. In 64 there are only 6 dates with less in the pops. Or, to put it a different way, the CBH dates that have equal or greater #'s than 1821 in 64 include 1808, 1811, 1812, 1813, 1814, 1818, 1819, and 1822. So, I was really glad to aquire this piece. And, at 20% below price guides, it was a steal. image
    "Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file