Home U.S. Coin Forum

Specifications for Modern Commemorative dollars?

I've been trying to find the specs for the modern commems, but have thus far only been able to find that they are 90% silver, .77344 ASW, but can not find the diameter/total weight (grams)/thickness.

I'm going to assume the diameter is 38.8mm, but any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same size, weight and purity specifications as the previously issued Peace and Morgan dollars.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• << <i>They are the same size, weight and purity specifications as the previously issued Peace and Morgan dollars. >>

Thanks much!
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• << <i>Modern Commemorative info and specs by year issued >>

Thanks, great resource. Bookmarked. image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're Welcome. I got it here when I asked a similar question. Lot's of good links shared by a lots of good people. Thanks to everyone.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link/information

I thought it was strange, when I looked at the information on the 82 & 83 coins, the uncirculated coins were more that the proof coins, is/was that correct or is the information wrong??? (from 84 on, the "proof" coins are more!)

Blessings

John
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the link/information

I thought it was strange, when I looked at the information on the 82 & 83 coins, the uncirculated coins were more that the proof coins, is/was that correct or is the information wrong??? (from 84 on, the "proof" coins are more!)

Blessings

John >>

More how? The weights are the same.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for the link/information

Blessings

John >>

More how? The weights are the same. >>

I think he means more in the price guides since in many cases modern commems have a higher proof mintage than their uncirculated counterparts.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I was talking about the "listed" issue price, as I thought Proofs "always" cost more, me bad image

fyi . . my "main" collection is the Modern Commemoratives, have every Proof (Dollar & Half-Dollar, PCGS PR69 & the same in MS coins, from 1999)

Blessings

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file