Home Sports Talk
Options

A warm heartfelt song for all the Eagles bashers out there

stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rather than respond individually, I thought a warm heartfelt song would be a nice gesture to all the Eagles bashers out there. image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw2cqRavlec

May the Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose

Artist: Little Jimmy Dickens (peak Billboard position # 1 in 1965)
Words and Music by Neal Merritt

One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street
Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet
Took a penny from my pocket
In his tin cup I did drop it
I heard him say as I made my retreat

CHORUS
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"

The laundry man is really on his toes
Found a hundred-dollar bill among my clothes
When he called me I came a-runnin'
Gave him back his dime for phonin'
I heard him sayin' as I turned to go

CHORUS

I was way behind one day to catch the train
Taxi driver said "We'll make it just the same"
The speed cop made it with us
And as he wrote out the ticket
I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I do not think we are bashers at all. We are just responding to all of your threads about jabs at our teams.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Eagles laid down like they always do. NFC East sucks period.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stevek...

Get a clue WGAS about your Eagles. We only post some zings because you are so incredibly hung up on this team and any other Philadelphia team AND make dumba$& predictions. Then when your stupidity falls short, you have to resort to some childish crap.

You are so, so predictable...you should have just shut up at the congrats to the Packers fans, albeit weak, very, very weak.

Poor sport and inane response. Nobody hates the Eagles, that's all in your twisted little mind. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your wonderful quarterback (aka dog killer) throwing the game away. I loved it!!!

Oh, my team is the Patriots, I suspect they'll do quite well, could even win the superbowl if they get there, if they don't, so what, really, so what!! Don't you have a life?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve......Steve.....Steve,,,,,,I told you exactly what the eagletts would do........and the did what they always do. They are losers!!!!

I enjoyed that game sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!

imageimageimage

• Options

<< <i>Stevek...

Get a clue WGAS about your Eagles. We only post some zings because you are so incredibly hung up on this team and any other Philadelphia team AND make dumba$& predictions. Then when your stupidity falls short, you have to resort to some childish crap.

You are so, so predictable...you should have just shut up at the congrats to the Packers fans, albeit weak, very, very weak.

Poor sport and inane response. Nobody hates the Eagles, that's all in your twisted little mind. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your wonderful quarterback (aka dog killer) throwing the game away. I loved it!!!

Oh, my team is the Patriots, I suspect they'll do quite well, could even win the superbowl if they get there, if they don't, so what, really, so what!! Don't you have a life? >>

Hey chit for brains, you haven't figured out the Sports Talk forum by now? I don't mind the smack at all - we're all just having a bit of fun...most of us anyway.

Why don't you lighten up before ya give yourself a heart attack? We'd all hate to see you go away and not be able to read your ongoing tirades against Michael Vick. LOL

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All kidding aside, SteveK is one of the good guys on this board...MCMLV, that post was out of line and really unnecessary, IMO...we all come here to shoot the breeze, debate sports, talk smack and have fun. Try not to take thing so personally...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>All kidding aside, SteveK is one of the good guys on this board...MCMLV, that post was out of line and really unnecessary, IMO...we all come here to shoot the breeze, debate sports, talk smack and have fun. Try not to take thing so personally... >>

Thanks Tim.

One other point about the post from MCMLVTopps ...he stated..."you should have just shut up at the congrats to the Packers fans, albeit weak, very, very weak."

What was I supposed to say as you refer to it as "weak"? It was a first round playoff game...what should I do a dissertation of congratulations? I had already previously noted in other posts recently and throughout the years, my respect and admiration for the Green Bay Packers football franchise...one of the best sports franchises in sports with a great group of fans - I had already basically stated all that prior to the game...so I felt there wasn't a need to say it again.

Understand it better now MCMLVTopps? Probably not, just as you don't understand, and likely do not want to understand anything about Michael Vick's story of redemption because it would interfere with your pre-conceived notions of blind hate. Let me tell it to you straight whether you want to hear it or not...Michael Vick will windup saving more doggie lives, than possibly anybody else out there...because he will have created such awareness about the despicable activity of dog fighting...but you don't wish to recognize that now do you?

You want to be judge, jury and executioner to Michael Vick. You would have made a great hanging judge in the Old West - maybe Judge Roy Bean is your hero? LOL
  • Options
    Hey, let's get back on track here.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I do not think we are bashers at all. We are just responding to all of your threads about jabs at our teams. >>

Well said.

You talk the stuff and you gotta be able to take when your team lays down early in the playoffs, year after year.

brian
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options

<< <i>image

image >>

Funny...but ya forgot the 3, count 'em, 3 NFL championship trophies won before it was called the Super Bowl.

Yes, no Super Bowl trophies yet, but it will happen, possibly next season. image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next year, Steve.......I doubt it!imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

image >>

Funny...but ya forgot the 3, count 'em, 3 NFL championship trophies won before it was called the Super Bowl.

Yes, no Super Bowl trophies yet, but it will happen, possibly next season. image >>