Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin sellers: Any problems with shipments to Japan?

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have someone asking me to ship insured to Japan if he wins my auction on eBay. Should I be concerned? Any advice you can suggest to protect myself against Paypal chargebacks? I plan on using USPS Int'L Priority insured btw.

Comments

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    no problems
    I brake for ear bars.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You insure against loss or damage by the post office, not a problem buyer with a SNAD bug up his backside. Make sure you follow PayPal's rules for shipping internationally. For insurance, I would use a third party insurer like Shipsurance.com, as the rates are lower than those of the post office and you can buy more coverage. They cover collectible coins and even though the customs forms will have a value declared, they don't exclude coverage on those grounds. Read through their FAQ for more info.
  • HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    I've shipped about 50+ packages to Japan and never had a problem.
  • Japan's pretty good.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems with Japan. I will say, though, that I've had terrible luck with International Priority mail over a long period of time (they happened to be flat rate envelopes, but many were taking 2-4 months to arrive). None went to Japan, but the problem showed up numerous times to both Asia and Europe, to the point where I will no longer offer such service; First Class or Express only.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file