Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is it possible to get a personalized copy of "The Secret History of the First US Mint"?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
No one loves numismatic authorship more than Longacre. I understand how long it takes for an author to toil to complete a book, all while generating a royalty of five cents per book, while large, faceless corporate conglomerates take nine-fives cents off the top.

I prefer to have my books lovingly personalized by the author. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a personalized copy of "The Secret History of the US Mint" from the publisher, or do I have to stalk the authors and get them to sign as they leave their houses for their morning jog?

[As an aside, I just finished "Life", by Keith Richards, which is a must for any Rolling Stones fan, such as me. I read about the s-x, drugs, and rock 'n roll during their '75 tour, and decided to check out You Tube. My signature line is one of my favorite songs, Happy, sung by Keith. Check out the video, which contains a few interesting things. It seems that Richards couldn't make it to the mike in time for the opening lyrics, and the dude in the huge afro playing keyboards looks over because the lyrics were supposed to start, but they played on anyway. Then Jagger realizes something is amiss, and looks at the piano player, and runs over and has to sing the song. Longacre also wishes he can look as good in green eye shadow as Mick. image How cool are the Stones?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file