Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is there anything of numismatic interest in Bangalore, India (other than Whitman Publishing Pvt. Ltd

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
The Man has implied that he wants me to get to Bangalore, India at some point in February. Now Longacre has traveled all around this great big world, but for some reason, going to Bangalore does not thrill me. A stop over in Delhi for a day or two may be in the offing, seeing that I will be all the way over there already.

Is there anything of numismatic interest in Bangalore? I believe that Whitman has an Indian publishing subsidiary in Bangalore, where they print all of their books for cents on the dolllar, but I am not sure if they provide tours of facility.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭
    You think the slow boat from China is bad? Don't get me started on the slow elephant from subcontinental India. Excruciating!

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until you smell the aroma of all the dung fires on your approach to the airport......

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Just say "Baksheesh"

Stewart
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And watch out for the poo throwing monkeees.............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file