Home U.S. Coin Forum

A couple weekend Newp's and a copy of Numismatic Photography 2nd Edition

ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't get to go to FUN, but I did stop by a shop and look through a bunch of 1950's proof sets; taking home a pair of 1958 proof sets and a 1956 set that I haven't imaged yet. In addition to these sets, I also picked up Mark Goodman's book Numismatic Photography 2nd Edition oh my...what a difference that made!

imageimage

imageimage

The holders are both a mess...so the hairlines are all on the holders. What a blast to actually be able to take respectable photos of my coins!!

Also just grabbed a generic toned Kennedy off my desk to experiment with:

Comments

• canadanzcanadanz Posts: 618 ✭✭
    GREAT photos! Going to need to pick up that book. What kind of equipment are you using?
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my wife's Nikon Coolpix point and shoot, with a $15 copy stand and a couple desk lamps.
  • where did you find the $15 copy stand?
    I got mine from BH Photo & Video, I got the little 6x6 copy stand that they now have listed for $9.95...although if I had it to do over again, knowing what I now know from Goodman's book, I'd have gotten the one a step up from that one; if you sort their copy stands by price, you'll see the other one they have for $28.50.

The cheapo one works, but doesn't have as much fine adjustability as I'd like...might be inclined to sell ya mine though. image
  • Thanks will check those out. Your pics look good.
    Okay...I just admit...I'm having a lot of fun with being able to take some pictures. image

I picked up these colorful Jeffersons a few weeks ago:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file