Home U.S. Coin Forum

dcarr 1964-D bulk handled Peace dollar sells for $202.50 on eBay tonight

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
I believe it originally sold for $60 and then it was temporarily discontinued.
As of tonight, it is once again available from Daniel Carr for $95.

eBay Link

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's sold out again on the website, but I see a matte proof now available...
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it originally sold for $60 and then it was temporarily discontinued.
    As of tonight, it is once again available from Daniel Carr for $95. >>

Yes, it does appear on the site, but is sold out. Can't order it, no 'Add to cart' button, just a 'More Info' button. Also, 226 viewers, with 22 bids.....I don't recall it being brought up on the forum as one to watch.
    I'll come up with something.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had about a dozen more of the "bulk handled" coins that I made available on the web site the other day.
    But now they are gone. I doubt that I'll genereate any more during the final run of 134 coins
    (most or all of which will be the matte-proof version).

So, most likely, the "bulk-handled" coins are done, as are the proof-like coins.
  • Another just sold for $235, but its the ms68 versioin! I absoultely love these coins....just bought the Matte Proof version.

Link
  • during the final run of 134 coins (most or all of which will be the matte-proof version).

MOST OR ALL ?????

you mean it could be MOST ............and just a few reverse proof's ?

I'm in - with both feet image ...........I will pay 500$ for one of those few !
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't all these DCarr threads be consolidated into just one?
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • These should be an easy double when they are all sold out. Buy, two, sell one and save the other for your kids.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't all these DCarr threads be consolidated into just one? >>

No, there's just too many changes, combinations, and permutations!!!

BTW, the matte proof just went up $15 from yesterday!!!! image
    But, it's turning into a "Spamfest"

no less than 3 different threads on page one alone!
    Chat Board Lingo

• ........and your responses will help keep 'um at the top image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised eBay allows the sale of these since they violate the policy requiring the word copy, and are listed in the Peace Dollar category when they should be listed in the Replicas & Reproductions category.

Russ, NCNE

• << <i>I'm surprised eBay allows the sale of these since they violate the policy requiring the word copy, and are listed in the Peace Dollar category when they should be listed in the Replicas & Reproductions category.

Russ, NCNE >>

But seeing as these were never actually minted and released from the mint there is no 1964 peace dollar to replicate or reproduce.
    Chat Board Lingo

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm surprised eBay allows the sale of these since they violate the policy requiring the word copy, and are listed in the Peace Dollar category when they should be listed in the Replicas & Reproductions category.

Russ, NCNE >>

But seeing as these were never actually minted and released from the mint there is no 1964 peace dollar to replicate or reproduce. >>

That doesn't matter to eBay since none of their drones even understand the hobby protection act.

Russ, NCNE
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That doesn't matter to eBay since none of their drones even understand the hobby protection act.

Russ, NCNE >>

Now THAT's funny! image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm surprised eBay allows the sale of these since they violate the policy requiring the word copy, and are listed in the Peace Dollar category when they should be listed in the Replicas & Reproductions category.

Russ, NCNE >>

The voice of 'numismatic reason' speaks!!! image
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a set of steel letter punches and will gladly stamp COPY onto your dan carr peace dollar if you prefer. image
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the other thread?
    GrandAm :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file