My favorite Woodbury coin!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful Frankie you got there TR! By the way
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I just love end roll toners image
  • Do my eyes deceive me. image bush complimenting a EOR Franklin image
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    The toning on that is gorgeous! Great Frankie!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • thank you. Shane aka kryptonitecomics was eyeing this piece like a hawk for me. Luckily he was able to acquire it before it was sold to someone else image
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! You dont see too many Frankies like that! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

• << <i>Very nice! You dont see too many Frankies like that! image >>

thanks! Ankur let me know the next time your going to CAC, i might meet up with you there. Bill has to put some beans on my coins image
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SA-WEET!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting that sucker!

• << <i>SA-WEET!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting that sucker! >>

thanks sky!! image
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful end roll piece. Congrats!
  • numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Nice looking coin.

CAC sticker We'll see.

Good luck.image

Brian
    NUMO
  • When I saw it at Foodude's table I thought it looked a lot like Sy's 1960-P including the lines and I always thought that coin was amazing but I initially passed on the coin as I didn't have a specific buyer in mind. In speaking with TonedRarities I mentioned the coin and he wanted it so I was able to text Greg and tell him to hold the coin since I was coming back saturday....needless to say all parties concenred were very happy and Greg proved once again to be a top shelf dealer and friend. Thanks buddy image
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Solid! Excellent End Roller.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • I wonder how it found it's way back to Foodudes' table?

I was under the impression that the entire Woodbury set was sold to a west coast dealer a few yrs. ago.

Maybe Foo had upgraded to a FBL 60-P before that sale and he wisely held this 60-P back?
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website

• << <i>When I saw it at Foodude's table I thought it looked a lot like Sy's 1960-P including the lines and I always thought that coin was amazing but I initially passed on the coin as I didn't have a specific buyer in mind. In speaking with TonedRarities I mentioned the coin and he wanted it so I was able to text Greg and tell him to hold the coin since I was coming back saturday....needless to say all parties concenred were very happy and Greg proved once again to be a top shelf dealer and friend. Thanks buddy image >>

Thank you very much again Shane. I'm glad Greg didn't sell it before you texted him. image
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .........someone's got a lots of 'splainin' to do Lucy ..........image

.I gave Fooie my first born son for first crack at his Franklins .............and now such a magnificent piece has fallen into the hands of a competitor

............ needless to say - this is war ;

• << <i>.........someone's got a lots of 'splainin' to do Lucy ..........image

.I gave Fooie my first born son for first crack at his Franklins .............and now such a magnificent piece has fallen into the hands of a competitor

............ needless to say - this is war ; >>

image You don't know the secret TCCS handshake image

• << <i>

<< <i>.........someone's got a lots of 'splainin' to do Lucy ..........image

image You don't know the secret TCCS handshake image >>

TCCS For life!!! image
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    Here is some history on that coin ... I bought this endroller from Steve Leber in the '90's in an MS65 holder, and it was one of my favorite Franklins (I have a few other cool toned Franklins to replace it in my personal collection). At one time I had one of the top 5 non-FBL Franklin sets, and this was one of the coins in that set, hence the pedigree. It is a very pretty coin, which I sent back to PCGS for photos. And this coin almost ended up in a Regency holder, but I decided to just have them put it back in a regular holder. If I had put it in a Regency holder, I would not have had them redo it years later for the current pedigree. BYW, as I know comes up frequently with Franklin collectors- what happened to Steve Leber. He passed away about 3 years ago.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

• << <i>Here is some history on that coin ... I bought this endroller from Steve Leber in the '90's in an MS65 holder, and it was one of my favorite Franklins (I have a few other cool toned Franklins to replace it in my personal collection). At one time I had one of the top 5 non-FBL Franklin sets, and this was one of the coins in that set, hence the pedigree. It is a very pretty coin, which I sent back to PCGS for photos. And this coin almost ended up in a Regency holder, but I decided to just have them put it back in a regular holder. If I had put it in a Regency holder, I would not have had them redo it years later for the current pedigree. BYW, as I know comes up frequently with Franklin collectors- what happened to Steve Leber. He passed away about 3 years ago. >>

Great story behind a great coin! Thanks for the awesome specimen! image

• << <i>image

image >>

You can have her on the weekends image
    Sorry "Paul", I must of had a weak moment in FL-lol
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

• << <i>Sorry "Paul", I must of had a weak moment in FL-lol >>

TCCS goes in for the kill when they least expect it! image

• << <i>Sorry "Paul", I must of had a weak moment in FL-lol >>

I have that affect on men....errrrrr nevermind image
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Doesn't surprize me Leber handled it. Damn, I miss him.

At this rate TR will corner all the magnificent pieces out there if you sleep on the helm PP. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the nice pick up.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics

• << <i>

At this rate TR will corner all the magnificent pieces out there if you sleep on the helm PP. image >>

I'm done with Morgans, patterns, and now onto franklins image
  • Those white Franklins looking better everyday, huh, Pawpaul?image
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
    Doesn't surprize me Leber handled it. Damn, I miss him.

Yes, he had some amazing pieces he keep in the old charcoal NGC slab box in the back.

I remember when I showed him the '54 from my set click on image for the '54 he about had a cow ... that coin walked up to the table and I was able to snag it before Steve (who was also set up at the show) saw it. The obverse is amazing! The back is just an MS66FBL.

edited to fix link

I see a few of my former coins in the current and all time #5 set- Sourdough's Cache.

<< <i>Those white Franklins looking better everyday, huh, Pawpaul?image >>

White Franklins are for Ricko. Toned ones for PawPaul. image and oh yes including that new kid on the Frankie block ...the one with the green icon. image
    At this rate TR will corner all the magnificent pieces out there if you sleep on the helm PP.

........He's in a buying frenzy , I'll give you that !

..and his pockets are much deeper then mine image

but I have the knowledge , wisdom , and tenure that he has yet to gather ;

.most of what he's buying I would pass on - but a couple of 'um .......... well ......., he kicked me square in the jewel's !
    Foo -

was there a Woodbury set that got sold and you are now currently building a new one ??
    Paul, I am not currently building another set for myself, but do have a few cool toners in my personal collection. Of course they are all '58-Ds- LOL I'd show them to you but, you may have a heart attack if you saw them image

• << <i>At this rate TR will corner all the magnificent pieces out there if you sleep on the helm PP.

........He's in a buying frenzy , I'll give you that !

..and his pockets are much deeper then mine image

but I have the knowledge , wisdom , and tenure that he has yet to gather ;

.most of what he's buying I would pass on - but a couple of 'um .......... well ......., he kicked me square in the jewel's ! >>

I'm sure if you saw my SDB's you would say otherwise image
  • no doubt your SDB's a chock full of 100$ bills , and I'm pretty sure you got the great big ,giant size boxes !

remember that Chinese feller that mentioned about riding with dogs and breaking in saddles ?

Sometimes it's wise to let the horse rest as you walk slowly beside -

.......... then you have time to ponder what humility is
  • My money is on PP. I have seen him in action for 20 yrs, and there are not too many people, alive, or dead, who can match him in Franklin Experience and Expertise.
  • you are too kind your Monkness ............

and hey , I see you are approaching 10,000 posts ! Have you been thinking about what you might place under your avatar when you reach that milestone ?

• << <i>you are too kind your Monkness ............

and hey , I see you are approaching 10,000 posts ! Have you been thinking about what you might place under your avatar when you reach that milestone ? >>

Yes! "World's 2nd greatest Franklin Collector" image

• << <i>My money is on PP. I have seen him in action for 20 yrs, and there are not too many people, alive, or dead, who can match him in Franklin Experience and Expertise. >>

image The year is still young.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file