Home Sports Talk
Options

Perfect ending for the Eagles

It could not have been better, on the last play of their season dog killer throws an interception. Nice.

Comments

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Michael Vick has lost a playoff game, will he be tied up and electrocuted?

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    Probably not but, at least the god like status will fade from the Philly fans.
  • Options
    Very classless organization in Philly.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed my day today and the Eagles loss was the icing on the cake.

brian
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    WOOF WOOF WOOF
  • Options
    Stevek will not approveimage
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I was very happy to see the Eagles choke per usual.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how soon the Mike Vike RC hype train goes back into the station. People who put any serious money into his cards are just retarded. He will have about 1/2 the career stats of Randall Cunningham.

He most likely keeps getting hurt and ends up out of the league in 2 to 3 years.

Here's laughing at the tards that paid 1200 bucks for his numbered out of 250 SPA RC's
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I can't say I was sad to see Vick throw the int at crunch time.
  • Options
    I was just happy to see the Eagles lose.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I live in Atlanta, I read and heard about Vick's ongoing crap on a first-hand basis. From flipping off the fans, to the false bottom water bottle (toke, toke) that he claimed contained his jewelry to other pathetic antics.

When I learned of the dog executions and the unthinkable things he did to these defenseless animals, I was disgusted beyond words. To those who say "he paid his debt to society", I say BS, bigtime BS!!! Some now revere this man as the end-all, be-all quarterback wonderguy. I personally think he should still be in jail and then do a bazillion hours of community service cleaning dog cages and donating at least half his income to assisting the well being of animals.

Was I happy when he threw the interception that clinched it for the Packers? Yup, sure was.

Go Patriots.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To those who say "he paid his debt to society", I say BS, bigtime BS!!! >>

I said in another thread that I believe Vick is on his way to leading a better life. Has he paid his debt to society? Heck no, he's still paying and will continue doing so, probably for the rest of his life.

He's shown true remorse, took full responsibility of his actions, spent almost two years in a federal pen, and is trying to educate youth of his mistakes and wrong doings.

Unless you're a perfect human being, better watch where you toss those stones...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't take that much of a better person not to do the things he did.

His BS story of how it was a neighborhood thing is just BS. Really, was drowning and smashing dogs brains in part of the hood too? I can see raising dogs for fighting if that is what your neighborhood did but he took it to the next level where it was just plain evil.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

vick is just a sick "PUPPY".
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a perfect person so the stones can fly my way; but I can confidently say this..."He should not be educating our youth"//////It's way to soon. My daughter sometimes has issues with taking her dog outside....Vick could educate her---Properly take the knife and insert in the liver only 3 inches....it's usually helps with obedience in the common household pet and if you're lucky you will not have to walk the dog anymore. Our youth need his education.image
  • Options

<< <i>It doesn't take that much of a better person not to do the things he did.

His BS story of how it was a neighborhood thing is just BS. Really, was drowning and smashing dogs brains in part of the hood too? I can see raising dogs for fighting if that is what your neighborhood did but he took it to the next level where it was just plain evil. >>

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you're saying. I'm probably one of the biggest animal lovers here. What he did absolutely disgusts me and had he not been caught, the dog fighting probably would still be in operation.

However, as I said earlier, at least he's trying to improve himself as a person and teach others not to follow the same path. He's far from being done paying dues but at least he's moving forward.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stown...

better watch where you toss those stones

Like you, I vented my opinion, I don't need your lecture, nor the cliche. That you think Vick has shown "true remorse" is laughable...how do you know that? Do you know him personally? Did you grow up with him and know his traits and character? Of course not, you just apparently want to say, gee Mike, shouldn't have toasted those dogs like that, hope the jail thing wasn't too tough on you, welcome home. I still say a HUGE BS on that.

He's only appearing to be contrite because he got caught and had no choice, much like other criminals who suddenly find Jesus. This dude has milked the system and you have apparently bought his little mea culpa crap hook, line and sinker. Paid his debt to society my A%&.

I vehemently dislike Vick, he doesn't deserve his freedom, nor fame. Perhaps there are those that only want titles and wins, non of whom actually put on the pads or take the hits. Just win because it's my team, or my home town. Vick is nothing but a two-bit punk from the hood and deep down he will never, NEVER change.

I hope when Vick realized he just threw the game ending interception that it stung in a big, big way. And, teach kids? Get real !!!

• Options
    MCMLVTopps, my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>He's only appearing to be contrite because he got caught and had no choice, much like other criminals who suddenly find Jesus. >>

I have to agree with this. I really don't care one way or the other about the Eagles or Vick, but he is only doing what he has to do to have a second chance in the NFL. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    I think being in the clink when you are not a badazz will make you change your ways.
  • Options

<< <i>Stown...

better watch where you toss those stones

Like you, I vented my opinion, I don't need your lecture, nor the cliche. That you think Vick has shown "true remorse" is laughable...how do you know that? Do you know him personally? Did you grow up with him and know his traits and character? Of course not, you just apparently want to say, gee Mike, shouldn't have toasted those dogs like that, hope the jail thing wasn't too tough on you, welcome home. I still say a HUGE BS on that.

He's only appearing to be contrite because he got caught and had no choice, much like other criminals who suddenly find Jesus. This dude has milked the system and you have apparently bought his little mea culpa crap hook, line and sinker. Paid his debt to society my A%&.

I vehemently dislike Vick, he doesn't deserve his freedom, nor fame. Perhaps there are those that only want titles and wins, non of whom actually put on the pads or take the hits. Just win because it's my team, or my home town. Vick is nothing but a two-bit punk from the hood and deep down he will never, NEVER change.

I hope when Vick realized he just threw the game ending interception that it stung in a big, big way. And, teach kids? Get real !!! >>

I'm not lecturing you, just stating my opinion as you are. How do I "know" that he's showing remorse? Well, I don't "know" anything for a fact.. This is based upon interviews I've seen (here's one from MNF). He could have continued to blame his childhood environment, friends, whatever but he didn't. He took full responsibility and IMO, is showing true remorse.

As I said in this thread, I don't disagree with the assumption that had he not been busted, the dog ring would still be operating. But that's not the case.

You absolutely hate Michael Vick, will continue to regardless of what he does in life, and nothing will change your mind. That's fine. On the other hand, I absolultely dispise what Vick did and felt that way until I saw his MNF interview. IMO, people can change, regardless of what motivated them.

I'm far from perfect, so who am I to judge anyone.
  • Options
    FYI

Here are some past threads about Vick.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Really long thread 4

Yeah, I didn't approve of his behavior one bit...