Home U.S. Coin Forum

CoinFacts.com question

Does anyone else have problems staying logged in?

I checked the box to have my login saved but everytime I restart my computer I have to re-sign in.

Does anyone know have this problem or know how to solve it?
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• I did. I saved the coinfacts homepage in my favorites and now I never have to log in.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    You probably have the delete all history or check for new pages everytime I start my computer option checked in Internet Options.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    likely a cookie setting, I stay logged in fine.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all - so I now know I need to fix it on my end.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    I always have to login after a restart.

Check that.

I never know when I'll have to login again.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Your logon ID is stored in a Cookie.

As long as the cookie is not deleted you should not have to go through the logon process.

Check your setup.

Do you know the cookie duration by chance ?

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a link on my favorites bar. I have only had to login once or twice in the past year.
    Larry

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    three things, all in Internet Explorer tools:
    1. Tools > Internet options > Content tab > autotcomplete settings button > make sure all boxes are checked.
    2. Tools > Delete browsing history > uncheck the block that says passwords. (this will keep your passwords intact even when you run a disk cleanup) and make sure there is a checkmark in the box next to "preserve favorite website data."
    3. Tools > Internet options > General Browsing tab > uncheck "delete browsing history on exit."

Doing the above will allow your computer to remember passwords and will keep the passwords whenever you clean your disk It will also preserve your favorites when cleaning your disk. Its a good idea to run the "delete browsing history" from Internet Explorer toos periodically to remove everything else.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you know the cookie duration by chance ? >>

Till Moma buys fresh milk. image
    Seriously, cookies are removed any time you clean your disk and in some cases automatically. Use my post above to help keep the password and login cookies. Taking those actions will allow you to keep the good cookies and discard the stale ones.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

Good info for all purposes.

I think I have it fixed but while on this topic, when logged into PCGScoinfacts.com in 1 window and PCGS.com price guide in another I am prompted to log into coinfacts - which I am already.

Is there a good way see all the prices for a specific series from with PCGScoinfacts.com?

• << <i>
    Is there a good way see all the prices for a specific series from with PCGScoinfacts.com? >>

Price Guide? oh wait.... ..you want auction prices?.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file