Home U.S. Coin Forum

Purchased the key to my copper memorial set 72 DDO

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
I found or paid next to nothing for all of the set until today. Paid a little back of AU bid for her
Edited to add that is lint on the face

Comments

• savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭
    nice example image

www.brunkauctions.com

• duck620duck620 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    nice coin.still need my first one.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add that is lint on the face >>

Did you have to snuggle it on the plane in your belly buttton? imageimage
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Great example! AU 58 BN?
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Edited to add that is lint on the face >>

Did you have to snuggle it on the plane in your belly buttton? imageimage >>

I think you mean 'smuggle'? If it were an MS67, then 'snuggling' may be the proper word. image
    I'll come up with something.
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I store it with my belly button lint collection
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Coin!!!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Great!

So what's left? 71? 83? 84? 95?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
    This is my first major DD for the set. But the set stops at 1982 - only copper memorials.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have been roll hunting like me back in august 1972 you could have gotten one for one cent, like I did. Now its a PCGS 63RB
    I was 2. Pennies represented a choking hazard to me at the time
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great variety and nice coin.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You should have been roll hunting like me back in august 1972 you could have gotten one for one cent, like I did. Now its a PCGS 63RB >>

I got one of my numerous 1995 DDOs from Burger King. Driving home from work (I was a bill collector at the time) one night and was hungry. Stopped in and got whatever I got and went on my way. I got home and looked through my change that night and discovered my coin. image I know I got it from Burger King because that was the only place I got cents back in change. I should have ran back and seen if they had more for me to pilfer through.

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it now resides in an ANACS MS64RED slab. I did not really need to slab it, but it has more emotional value to me than anything else. Even if it is only worth $35 or whatever.

• PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Nice coin, a '72 is in my eyes a very dramatic DD and and could be had at a reasonal price. I have one graded PCGS 64 slabed back in the latr 80's, I do belive it should go 65 but than again many of us feel the same about something we have.
    D.A. Priest
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was 2. Pennies represented a choking hazard to me at the time >>

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You should have been roll hunting like me back in august 1972 you could have gotten one for one cent, like I did. Now its a PCGS 63RB >>

...pic? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...nice example mike! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is my first major DD for the set. But the set stops at 1982 - only copper memorials. >>

Ahh.

Just the 71's left then.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file