Home U.S. Coin Forum

A few Newp Bust Halves from Heritage!

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
A few upgrades for my Bust Half set. My goal is to have them all in XF or AU. The 1815 will be the toughest one to upgrade. My current example is VF30.

Upgraded from an XF40:
imageimage

Upgraded from AU50. I didn't like the toning on the one I have. Love the look of this one!
imageimage

Upgraded from VF35. Still keeping that one as I love the look.
imageimage

Here is the 1823. I needed one in a PCGS holder for my registry. Will probably upgrade eventually to a toned one if I can find one reasonably priced.
imageimage

AJ
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look like some nice additions to your set, Ankur.
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Yer missin a sticker! image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yer missin a sticker! image >>

That one doesn't need a sticker image
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • FrozeninkFrozenink Posts: 446 ✭✭
    I think I might have made you spend a little extra on the 11 and 22. I actually cost alot of people to pay more for the cbh they won, however it was the same for the one I won.

Great pickups Ankur

Gary
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1811 looks like it had a little to much flash and im excited to see what it really looks like!
    Your getting better mboy!
    may the fonz be with you...always...

<< <i>I think I might have made you spend a little extra on the 11 and 22. I actually cost alot of people to pay more for the cbh they won, however it was the same for the one I won.

Great pickups Ankur

Gary >>

The 1811 went for $200 over the high price range. The CAC sticker probably helped. I didnt bother looking up the 1822 because of the toning. Another 1822 in the same grade and similar toning actually went for twice as much! The 1835, and a 1823 (not pictured) went for less than I expceted.

Also, Heritage corrected that I won the 1811. This morning it was listed that I won it. But they haven't removed the incorrect lot yet. I'm sure it will be taken care of though.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • That 22 is niiiiice
  • Nice bust halves. I love the color of your 1822. Way to go.

Tom
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Nice bust halves. The 1822 has amazing color!
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice newps Ankur, your CBH set is coming along nicely, congrats!!!

It seems that you like the nicely toned ones too.........I guess that means I'm gonna have to raise my bids on future busties image

<< <i>Nice newps Ankur, your CBH set is coming along nicely, congrats!!!

It seems that you like the nicely toned ones too.........I guess that means I'm gonna have to raise my bids on future busties image >>

Thankfully I only have a few more I want to upgrade. image
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 35 is choice IMO

Tom

• LVGTLVGT Posts: 503
    Nice coins. So you say your almost done upgrading??? Does that mean the redbook set is not in the cards?
  • zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    Congrats! Beautiful specimens. I need your bankroll!
    zap
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198

<< <i>Nice coins. So you say your almost done upgrading??? Does that mean the redbook set is not in the cards? >>

Nope. Just a basic date set. Then I'm moving on to early halves minus the 1796 & 1797.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go, Ankur.

I am drawn to the 1811 and I look forward to a good picture, not these washed out Heritage ones. The 1822 is up your alley and I'm glad you like it. Some serious toning!

The 1835 looks familiar. Hmm. I like that one too. Does it fit the look of your set?
    Lance.
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice additions AnkurJ
    It really becomes an addiction doesn't it?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick ups...love the 1835!
    Thanks for the comments everyone!

Jrocco: it truly is an addiction. But I sell a lot of stuff as well in order to fund these purchases. There will be an 1811 and 1822 for sale soon image

Lance: I will post pics as soon as I get the coins in, but I am sure it will be another week as Heritage will be backed up this week. The 1835 doesn't have as much toning as I would like, but I have a lower grade example with nicer toning. I bought this one primarily for registry purposes. Here is a pic of the 1835 taken before I knew how to take them properly. Its in a PCGS VF35 holder, and I plan on keeping this one.

PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    Love the toning on the 22' Ankur...and I agree that the 35' has a really nice and clean look!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the comments everyone!

Jrocco: it truly is an addiction. But I sell a lot of stuff as well in order to fund these purchases. There will be an 1811 and 1822 for sale soon image

Lance: I will post pics as soon as I get the coins in, but I am sure it will be another week as Heritage will be backed up this week. The 1835 doesn't have as much toning as I would like, but I have a lower grade example with nicer toning. I bought this one primarily for registry purposes. Here is a pic of the 1835 taken before I knew how to take them properly. Its in a PCGS VF35 holder, and I plan on keeping this one.

image >>

Nice 1835 PCGS VF35 Ankur, and I don't blame you for keeping it image
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick up ankur, by all means enjoy them.
  • Luv the 1811! Congrats...
    "Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Work!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file