Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's your favorite coin show/auction to...

DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
attend or to bid on coins?

FUN is always a great auction. I've never attended but would like to some day.
Dan

Comments

• Auction wise for coins I've only online bid and HA is the best I've site to in my opinion. Showwise The Denver Coin Expo because I've been getting to know the guys there and enjoy the time spent.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    I've always liked the central states show and the baltimore shows. I've always had good luck at them, better than ANA. I haven't made it to a FUN show yet image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    First off I don't travel out of the SF bay area for shows as I'm a collector, not a dealer, of early 20th century sets such as Barber dimes, WLH, Buffalo nickels and Mercury dimes, VG full rim. I've been going to the Santa Clara show for years but the last few I have not found very much in that category. The last two shows I walked away empty handed. I'm sure this is because dealers, if traveling far don't want to bring lower end stuff. It seems that the area dealers are doing the same. I attended the Fremont,CA show last year and walked away with several holes filled. I must admit I was surprised at the traffic there. I'll be attending that one again. I'll still go to SC though.

Mike
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First off I don't travel out of the SF bay area for shows as I'm a collector, not a dealer, of early 20th century sets such as Barber dimes, WLH, Buffalo nickels and Mercury dimes, VG full rim. I've been going to the Santa Clara show for years but the last few I have not found very much in that category. The last two shows I walked away empty handed. I'm sure this is because dealers, if traveling far don't want to bring lower end stuff. It seems that the area dealers are doing the same. I attended the Fremont,CA show last year and walked away with several holes filled. I must admit I was surprised at the traffic there. I'll be attending that one again. I'll still go to SC though.

Mike >>

I too am in the bay area. I do however make the 365 mile trip down to Long Beach from time to time.
  • I get most of my coins at local shows. But, I do watch Heritage, and I have gotten an 1891-CC $10 from them about a year and a half ago. I plan to work with them more in the coming years. If I were to sell, they'd be my first choice.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.

• << <i>First off I don't travel out of the SF bay area for shows as I'm a collector, not a dealer, of early 20th century sets such as Barber dimes, WLH, Buffalo nickels and Mercury dimes, VG full rim. I've been going to the Santa Clara show for years but the last few I have not found very much in that category. The last two shows I walked away empty handed. I'm sure this is because dealers, if traveling far don't want to bring lower end stuff. It seems that the area dealers are doing the same. I attended the Fremont,CA show last year and walked away with several holes filled. I must admit I was surprised at the traffic there. I'll be attending that one again. I'll still go to SC though.

Mike >>

From one old jarhead to another, get out and travel to some shows! It's a major blast to meet some of the people who post here and the incredible amount of neat coins at the major shows. I know we got to travel free in the Corps, but this is a LOT different.heimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file