Home U.S. Coin Forum

blocked bidder

derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
flush452 - bids up coin to $1825. After one week, no payment no communciation. Listing states payment due within 48 hours. Block or don't block, just sharing the experience with those that don't want the hassle.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Details as in communication by you, auction number, etc. Seems a little out of his
    usual payment history. 95 auctions as a buyer and 100% feedback overall. Usually
    pays very quickly if not instantly. Out of character on this one. I wonder if there
    was an emergency or such problem that would delay this payment to you.

Have you opened a case yet? Per ebay:
    "Make sure you pay for your item as soon as possible. If you don't pay for an item within
    4 days, the seller can open an unpaid item case."

That would sure get his attention, I would think.

Good luck and I hope you get your money and he get's his coin.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, non-payment filed days ago. No details necessary, cross examination by forum members is not the purpose of this post. Like I said, block or don't block, just sharing the experience with those that don't want the hassle. Hassle is hearing nothing from the buyer and having the coin off the market while I go throught the unpaid item process. I have to keep it available until ebay completes process in the event buyer decides to pay to avoid the unpaid item strike.

I've got the coin and I have no problem with it not selling. I have a problem with buyers who outbid, don't pay, don't communicate with me and tie up my inventory. OP provided only as a courtesy to other seller's that feel the same way.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• I don't welsh on payments however, why do I have an inclination to put you on my blocked sellers list?
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't welsh on payments however, why do I have an inclination to put you on my blocked sellers list? >>

For being irritated with a full week of no payment/no communication?

I'd be irritated too.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Regretfully, buyers will ALWAYS have 100% feedback on eBay. As a buyer you can either recieve positive feedback or no feedback... as a seller, that is very useful information... NOT!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Regretfully, buyers will ALWAYS have 100% feedback on eBay. As a buyer you can either recieve positive feedback or no feedback... as a seller, that is very useful information... NOT! >>

But, if a seller that doesn't get paid files non-payment with ebay (to recover seller fees) the buyer does receive a Non-Paying Bidder strike from ebay. Although seller can't see the number of NPB strikes a bidder has, they can block bidders (when creating a listing) that have received two or more NPB strikes in the last 12 months.

<< <i>I don't welsh on payments however, why do I have an inclination to put you on my blocked sellers list? >>

Has do be done at my end. PM your ebay user name and i'll see that it is taken care of. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file