Home U.S. Coin Forum

If you were with MJ oversees and missed laura at fun... catch what she had to say here!

joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
may the fonz be with you...always...

Comments

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    "Time for the dumb rags like CDN and Coin Values to come to reality."

Agreed, but only to a certain extent. Sheet is accurate with some coins, and WAY off on others (Large cents, mid grade barber halves, early bust halves, proof ihc's etc) I never saw Coin Values as an accurate price guide other than for dealers to justify a high price on one of their coins.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    I wish the MS62 grade $2.50s from 1870-1900s would finally go up . the prices have pretty much have stayed the same for quite some time. I wish the numismatic value would go up and people buy them for more than gold.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the floor not having much, I have been at the show everyday and yet to buy a coin.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Well, I fell for it, I read the link, and I'm very disappointed...nothing on "coin doctoring." How truly sad...

PS: image
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it interesting that they had to pay 10% above their listed bidding range to procure the $10 1907 NGC PR67 SATIN PROOF for $2,185,000.00. It would not be comforting to me to know that there were 3 or 4 bidders at $1 MILL. That's less than half of what the coin realized.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • JBNJBN Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I fell for it, I read the link, and I'm very disappointed...nothing on "coin doctoring." How truly sad...

PS: image >>

That would be found in the new Hot Topics
    Hot Topic
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    From their market report:

"Activity was really strong. We did more retail at this show then we did at all shows combined in the past 6 months!"

Just you wait and see - we are on the verge of the largest bull market in coins of the last 30 years.

<< <i>I agree about the floor not having much, I have been at the show everyday and yet to buy a coin. >>

Thats amazing! I always find decent new material at a local monthly show here in NJ! And none of the heavy hitters set up here either!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish the MS62 grade $2.50s from 1870-1900s would finally go up . the prices have pretty much have stayed the same for quite some time. I wish the numismatic value would go up and people buy them for more than gold. >>

In the marketplace they are fetching more. I recently upgraded a number of my $2.50's and sold eight MS61 and MS62 coins. A major auction house paid $620-$640 each. The coins I sold could be purchased for $350 to $450 two years ago.
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish the MS62 grade $2.50s from 1870-1900s would finally go up . the prices have pretty much have stayed the same for quite some time. I wish the numismatic value would go up and people buy them for more than gold. >>

In the marketplace they are fetching more. I recently upgraded a number of my $2.50's and sold eight MS61 and MS62 coins. A major auction house paid $620-$640 each. The coins I sold could be purchased for $350 to $450 two years ago. >>

Correct.

Rarecoa/heritage were paying $620+ for any ms62 up until last week.
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Thats amazing! I always find decent new material at a local monthly show here in NJ! And none of the heavy hitters set up here either!

You're going to regret revealing that info.....Laura is in Lincroft................New Jersey!!

(.....I grew up......er.....I mean....I spent 13 of the first 17 years of my life in Colts Neck, New Jersey.)
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>

In the marketplace they are fetching more. I recently upgraded a number of my $2.50's and sold eight MS61 and MS62 coins. A major auction house paid $620-$640 each. The coins I sold could be purchased for $350 to $450 two years ago. >>

Psstt pssstt, gold is at a record high
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>

Psstt pssstt, gold is at a record high

<< <i>Thats amazing! I always find decent new material at a local monthly show here in NJ! And none of the heavy hitters set up here either!

You're going to regret revealing that info.....Laura is in Lincroft................New Jersey!!

(.....I grew up......er.....I mean....I spent 13 of the first 17 years of my life in Colts Neck, New Jersey.) >>

Thats fine, it would be nice to meet her finally. I cannot buy the calibur coins she can, so not a major competition for me. I look at VF-AU early US coins, not MS.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they had a monster show, which is good to hear. I talked to 3 different dealers today that 'walked the show' and they all did great (selling), as did another dealer friend who was set up there and specializes in certified type. My other observations were posted previously on my FUN report thread.
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats fine, it would be nice to meet her finally. I cannot buy the calibur coins she can, so not a major competition for me.

No doubt she is relieved to hear that.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found it interesting that they had to pay 10% above their listed bidding range to procure the $10 1907 NGC PR67 SATIN PROOF for $2,185,000.00. It would not be comforting to me to know that there were 3 or 4 bidders at $1 MILL. That's less than half of what the coin realized.

roadrunner >>

What is the bid increment at that level? There was at least one bidder one increment below hers which is all you need.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>From their market report:

"Activity was really strong. We did more retail at this show then we did at all shows combined in the past 6 months!"

Just you wait and see - we are on the verge of the largest bull market in coins of the last 30 years. >>

You know, I think that your probably right on this. The psychology seems to be headed that way. Which areas do you feel are going to benefit most?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    ust you wait and see - we are on the verge of the largest bull market in coins of the last 30 years.

You know, I think that your probably right on this. The psychology seems to be headed that way. Which areas do you feel are going to benefit most?

Maybe Morgans for no other reason than they are large, made of silver, and plentiful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file