Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heritage Live bidding issue. RESOLVED!

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
RESOLVED! Thanks Heritage!
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the images went down for a rather long stretch of coins, I had several bids come up during that time.
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭
    Hit F5 or restart your computer
  • I had problems with photos as well (which I never do on their site...so I think it was related to their site.)

Jon
    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Photos are in and out.

How much sense does this make?

Winning bid: $980.00($1,127.00) --
    Your bid: $1000.00 ($1,150.00) -- 11 Sold to Internet
    You were outbid on this item.

It took my $1000 bid on the NEXT lot.....
    I am hoping heritage can rectify this. I got a hold of auction customer service, and they said they will put a note on my account.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • LVGTLVGT Posts: 503
    My bid went to the next lot. Same coin same grade, not nearly as appealing though. I have left a message.
    Ok, good to know it wasn't just me. I want the first coin though! Sigh....
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    This is quite scary!
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot reopened 4 times for "late bid received"...I finally gave up.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ..........all said and done -prolly about 50 million dollars will be spent on these Heritage Fun Auctions ;

even if their take is around 10% ( including sellers fee's and buyers juice) , thats 5,000,000.00$

if their expenses are around a million - , that leaves 4 mill for pure profit ? thats a good gig for sure

and that live proxy bidding gives you all of ten seconds to push the bid button ........... and then poof , it's on to the next lot .

I could see how that breakneck speed of moving thru lots could cause mistakes and confusion
  • I know it would take for ever, with that amount of coins. I still don't understand why online bidding doesn't end after a certain duration of a minute or so after the last bid. Seems a lot of money is being left on the table . maybe not.
  • I logged on a few times when the images would not show up. The came on every other time i logged on.imageimage
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    I am leery about live bidding. Have had the amount increase while I am transmitting the bid.

Also, I have gotten carried away in the past....fortunately much of it was common date gold. Paid a premium at the time. Not an issue anymore!
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    I got burned twice with Live Bid but only the one time with Heritage. Should have learned my lesson the first time.

I now have someone sitting in a chair at the auction placing bids for me. They also get to look at the coins in hand which is a very huge bonus. A person acting as your "agent" will usually cost you a few extra dollars but can be a real bargain in the end.

Didn't have any bids in Heritage because my money got the one coin I was after in the B & M Sale.

Hope all works out to your satisfaction.

Mike
    Heritage quickly resolved my issue that I posted above.
    LVGT, did someone contact you, or was it corrected automatically?
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    I played phone tag with a rep. A minute after I spoke with someone it was corrected.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's always best to be bidding in person or to have a trusted representative at the auction, but some of the "Live" auction coins make that an impossibility. the only safe option is to place what would otherwise be your buy price and then watch, have a good/fast connection and reload if you need to. i don't feel Heritage is always to blame though i'm certain that with the traffic during these sales their server(s) can get bogged down. i lost pictures a few times and my connection once, always while i was viewing another web-page like this forum.

my solution was to close "Heritage Live" and then re-open it from my BID page. it took less than 10 seconds and i was running fine again.
    The auction was internet only. There was no live auction for todays session
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bid on one lot, but it took my bid for the next one! So rather than winning the coin I wanted, I won a coin I wouldnt touch for the exact same bid! Anyone else having an issue with live net bidding?? >>

I just took a look at the specifics here. The good news is that you legitimately won the lot you wanted. What happened on the next lot appears to have involved a strange set of circumstances that included reopening a lot after several more had passed. In any event, your invoice will be adjusted to delete the lot you didn't bid on, and I've forwarded the circumstances behind what happened with the next lot to our programmers.
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
    Thanks very much for Heritage resolving this! image
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like a lot of "FUN" seemed to be happening with this "fun show" auction programming wise.

Glad it came out in your favor!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks very much for Heritage resolving this! image >>

Heritage gets dumped on here from time to time. The few occasions I had an issue with them it was resolved to the satisfaction of all. Pretty good folks to work with for sure.

Glad that it worked okay for you. image

Mike
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won my coin after waiting 3 weeks.....auction went to next lot #.

Came back 10 minutes later......lost the coin I just won..............................image

Lot 13139
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    It is ever so easy to be late in hitting the BID button on Heritage Live auctions. Things move really fast.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

<< <i>Won my coin after waiting 3 weeks.....auction went to next lot #.

Came back 10 minutes later......lost the coin I just won..............................image

Lot 13139 >>

Call them!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file