Home U.S. Coin Forum

Would this Lincoln qualify as a 66?

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

Comments

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strike seems a little weak and there are several small contact marks. I think its a 65. two spots also, one above the C on the reverse and the one in front of abes temple has an odd look and I think it may develop more.
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. 65 seems more likely.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Weak strike and a 65 to me. What's that on the throat?
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. Went through some 69-s Rolls and pulled out some nice ones

Here some different shots (not sure if it is the same or a different one though (have a number of them)
    I think I know the trick now. Much easier to grade here all blown up - I will give my last one a 64. I like the color on it though
    Strike is not really weak it is just that I cannot take a picture worth crap. They seem to get all washed out on me
    You gotta watch out searching those rolls of 69-S. sometimes you get these ones that have doubled lettering and date, just throw them out since they are no good.
    Dont remind me. I purchased a number of original 69-S rolls for a few bucks each. Saw they went for $75 unopened on ebay but 5-6 figures if you found a DD. Now I am left with a few bucks again
    Youre not alone....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file