Home U.S. Coin Forum

2010 Sacagawea Coin questions

Where is the date (year) on these coins? Previous years have the date on the coin

What does Pos A & Pos B mean ?

When filling a Dansco book with these coins- what coin would you put in the 2010 slot- Pos A or Pos B or does it not matter-

Thank You

Comments

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    The date and mintmark are on the edge of the coin. Position "A" and "B" refers to the orientation of the date and mintmark (rightside up, or upside down). image
    edited to add: The date and mintmark is added after the coin has been stuck. Position "A" and "B" is very much random! IMO... a worthless designation. image
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to hijack this thread, but if anyone is interested, I have extra singles and at least 1 extra roll of the 2010 Sac's.

I KNOW the singles are "D" mintmarks, and can only assume the roll is also "D", as they all came from the same drop ship box from the Mint, and every one I've opened has been a "D".

Unfortunately, because of that, I still need 4 2010 "P" Sacs. (and to think I live only 20 miles or less from the Phila Mint, yet they sent me D's).

Anyone want to trade? Thx!

- - Daveimage
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't predict what the Mint will ship you under the direct ship program. I ordered 2010 Sacs twice this year, and got all P's the first time, and all D's the next.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Where is the date (year) on these coins?

Unless you have the ultra-rare 2010-D MINT SET Dollar with NO edge markings...
    If thats the case, you will not find a date or MM....
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...lots of info here chris. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file