Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Arrival, 64D Peace Dollar Fantasy MS66PL Die 6 Pic

Very nicely executed. Great job, Mr Carr. I explained the story of the 1964 Peace Dollar to my Wife and both Sons so there will be no confusion as to what this item is when I am gone and this coin is plumbed from the depths of my collection. Coin photo taken with camera phone.HM

Comments

• PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    I'm hoping my second one is delivered any day now ........
  • They are really nice. Should be sold out soon and I think we will all be happy we bought them

• << <i>They are really nice. Should be sold out soon and I think we will all be happy we bought them >>

Being my birth year I am leaning on getting one, though the lower quality ones are all gone, and only the more expensive examples are available. I think they are pretty well done...
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Looks pretty nice but, couldnt you have aleast cracked it out of its holder
    for a good raw pic?
  • heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    <<<Looks pretty nice but, couldnt you have aleast cracked it out of its holder
    for a good raw pic?>>>

I was taking quick pictures with a camera phone. I didn't think taking it out of the flip would make a difference. I will try tomorrow with a real camera. HM
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I explained the story of the 1964 Peace Dollar to my Wife and both Sons so there will be no confusion as to what this item is when I am gone and this coin is plumbed from the depths of my collection. >>

If I was telling this to my wife and kids I think it would sound to them like image

• << <i>

<< <i>I explained the story of the 1964 Peace Dollar to my Wife and both Sons so there will be no confusion as to what this item is when I am gone and this coin is plumbed from the depths of my collection. >>

If I was telling this to my wife and kids I think it would sound to them like image >>

Haha! Sometimes I forget, and go into some shpiel about a coin and it's history or such, and she just stares and eventually smiles and says "You do realize that all I heard was bla bla bla..., right?".

Then, I apologize and tell her to carry on.
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    I like it, where are they being sold?

• << <i>I like it, where are they being sold? >>

link
  • Ack! Get it out of that PVC bag!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.

• << <i>Ack! Get it out of that PVC bag! >>

Same thing I thought at first, but I learned on another thread all of D Carr's flips are non-PVC
  • I like the original 200 (matte/satin) better.
  • Knowing that the strike date of 1964 is based on rumors surrounding the Peace Dollar, wonder if there is a market for this fanstasy issue to be struck in other interim dates between the late thirties and on.

Opinions?
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I like it, where are they being sold? >>

link >>

I just ordered mine image
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    I urged D.Carr to produce " BEATLES " coins ; you talk about a hot item with tremendous demand !

Think what his skills applied to such an effort would produce image

Imagine ..........

Maybe I'm amazed ..........

My sweet Lord ...........

It Don`t Come Easy ...........
  • Just an FYI... it sounds like there are less than 100 left of all types to be minted/issued. I went to Daniel's site 30 days ago to get one of the "MS63 bag handled" versions, but there was a notice that they were all gone. Also the checkout process did not let you add one of those to the cart, so I left as I wanted a more realistic looking piece (the others are too flashy for my taste). I saw a message in this thread 2 days ago that the limit is fast approaching so I took another look. I added the "MS63 bag handled" issue and an MS68PL to my cart hoping to get at least one of them and it took - I quickly paid with PayPal and it went through so I emailed Daniel and asked if the "MS63 bag handled" versions were still available and he was nice enough to respond within a few minutes. Thanks Daniel.

Here is his response:

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the order.

The "MS-63 Bag-Handled" version has only been available periodically.
    I just produced a small final quantity and made them available -
    so you managed to get in the small window of opportunity to order.

Daniel Carr

Get one now if you want one as there are very few left for sale. I will put mine in an old Waite Raymond board and see what happens.
  • ..........after The Fantasy Peace Dollar dust settles

I want a set of Beatles Coins ! ! !
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people have a sour taste in their mouths about this "Fantasy piece", but I gotta say, I think it's coolest darned thing I've seen! image
    Dwayne Sessom
  • ......Sour taste ? I'd say more like a few are heaving their guts out on the roadside .

But I believe there are far more folks that really enjoy Mr. Carr's creations and like myself, are getting a ton of good feelings owning them .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file