Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just a heads up for the holder worshippers...

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coming soon to a forum near you. A gaggle of commems that have been "in the dark"image for 25 years. EOM image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Comments

• OnTheHuntOnTheHunt Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward.

Steve
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow . . . .

I wonder if these could be Doilies???

25 years . . .

Couldn't be . . .2011 - 25 years would mean they are rattlers . . .!!! 1986 !!!!!!

So . . . no interest here.

Drunner
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow . . . .

I wonder if these could be Doilies???

25 years . . .

Couldn't be . . .2011 - 25 years would mean they are rattlers . . .!!! 1986 !!!!!!

So . . . no interest here.

Drunner >>

Well, I guess some here need a lesson in literary license. There is a major clue in the OP. Maybe Oreville can translate when he returns from vacation... image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me a minute . . . been watching a late-night movie on NetFlix and it's after 2:00 am.

But now I got it. Shame on me. I teach English and Literature . . and I can only excuse my lack of literary license on the hour.

But I'll be waiting now. I'll still have the only Peace Dollar though . . . I think.

Oreville won't have to translate . . .

Drunner
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    "Coming soon....."

Give me a point of reference here.....are we talking in geologic terms or gnat longevity terms? Humans needing to micturate need to know.....
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that "in the dark" implies black NGC holders, even this early in the morning.
    imageTY, J.B. Anaconda - I will gnat give you any more clues.image

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like batch of NGC black holders are on their way into the market...

I look forward to adding them to the list!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • As far as I am concerned, "soon" should have happended a week ago.

I'd love to see the images.....now, please!
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldnt this be posted ATS? image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    how many commims are in a gaggle? It takes at least 7 geese to equal an gaggle. So it could be 7 or more?

If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Coming soon....."

Give me a point of reference here.....are we talking in geologic terms or gnat longevity terms? Humans needing to micturate need to know..... >>

Your use of terms like "micturate" is starting to piss me off.

I am off to AT a coin by holding it over my burning thesaurus.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • I have my check book ready...who do I make the check out too image
    Patience, grasshoppers.image

• BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with those who say buy the coin and not the holder.

The proper holder gives a measure of confidence in a coins genuineness

appropriate grade and market acceptability. While certainly not absolute

on all three issues, a PCGS holder has gone a long way to assure these

issues along with a reasonable company backed insurance program.

Having these assurances under ones belt, a collector can then examine the

coin and determine if the overall appearance of the coin meets the collectors

own standard of excellence and whether or not the coin will fit in with the rest

of the collection. Finally, the collector must determine for their self, if the cost of

the coin, in relation to the grade and appearance ,represents good value for the money.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • "Your use of terms like "micturate" is starting to piss me off.'

Another good one.

• << <i>I have to disagree with those who say buy the coin and not the holder. The proper holder gives a measure of confidence in a coins genuineness appropriate grade and market aceptability. While certainly not absolute on all three issues, a PCGS holder has gone a long way to assure these issues along with a reasonable company backed insurance program. Having these assurances under ones belt, a collector can then examine the coin and determine if the overall appearance of the coin meets the collectors own standard of excellence and whether or not the coin will fit in with the rest of the collection. Finally, the collector must determine for their self, if the cost of the coin, in relation to the grade and appearance ,represents good value for the money. >>

You make some very good points

(especially considering what time of the year it is and what bears normally do during Jaunuary.)
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Just this past September, a man was arrested, for matriculating in front of several hundred

young college students. Just appalling.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

<< <i>Just this past September, a man was arrested, for matriculating in front of several hundred

young college students. Just appalling. >>

Was his name Norm Crosby by any chance ? image

I heard he was a sex education major who exposed his curriculum image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he also show his sheepskin???

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Sorry CH, obsolete technology.

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait... image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have my check book ready...who do I make the check out too image >>

Me, of course. Thanks image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>

<< <i>I have my check book ready...who do I make the check out too image >>

Me, of course. Thanks image >>

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file