Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Two Tough PSA 9s from the 1968 Topps 3-D Set

The 1968 Topps 3-D Set is a toughie. While just 12 cards, the cards are quite rare with some(Powell, Swoboda, Flood and Stottlemeyer) rarer than others. I have been working for over 10 years putting this set together and finally got my 11th card during 2010. All I need is Boog Powell with I believe is a pop 3 in psa 8 with 2 9s and 2 10s. The last psa 8 went for about $8,500.

My set currently consists of 3 psa 8s and 8 psa 9s.

On my blog are scans of two of the tougher psa 9s in the set. "Bob" Clemente which is a pop 6 in psa 9 with 6 10s and Ron Swoboda of Mets fame which is a pop 5 in psa 9 with 2 higher..

See http://musicandsportscard.blogspot.com

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    live link for the lazy!

Jim's Blog

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    FANTASTIC!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jim,

Those are some pretty rare cards. Can't wait to see your Powell once you get it. (We all KNOW you will!)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Thanks guys and thanks to Anthony for the link.

Jim
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Jim, glad to see that you're a big music fan. So am I. image
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work Jim. When you have time, you should post a message that lists all your sets and shows which are complete and how many are needed for the ones that aren't. It would be cool to see a summary of your progress.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite sets. After you get the Powell Jim you can round up the B Robinson proof and the 3 other proof cards that recently surfaced ( Monday, T Davis and O'Donoghue) imageimage
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Gemint,

Wow-- what would take some time but its a 3-day weekend. When I have the time I will do.

Bishop,

Wow--the Powell itself is rare in high grade. The others are just rare period.

How many copies of each have surfaced--any idea?

Jim
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Have seen the other 3 in singles and on an uncut sheets, so at least 2
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al