Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thoughts on a Kennedy Proof collection..

My friend was needing some money and decided to sell his Kennedy Proof Collection... The years included are from 1964 to 1990. All the coins are perfect proof examples with no scratches... I purchased for $90.00 was this a bargain or should I go rip my friends head off? It is hard to turn down coins when they are right in front of my face and so shiney.... I have many other Kennedy Half Dollars but they are circulated ones collected throughout the years and figured this would be nice to add to it. Any thoughts would be appreciated... I will update a photo as soon as I get time.

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>The years included are from 1964 to 1990. All the coins are perfect proof examples with no scratches... >>

You can't beat 27 PR70DCAM half dollars for $90! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

• << <i>

<< <i>The years included are from 1964 to 1990. All the coins are perfect proof examples with no scratches... >>

You can't beat 27 PR70DCAM half dollars for $90! image >>

That would be nice if they would get graded for that but they are not slabbed... :<

I guess I will have to post photos to see what everyone says
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $3.50 each isn't too bad a price if they are in 2x2's or some other type of holder or album. Nice way to start off enjoying a popular series of coins.
    BTW some of use on here and you will someday realize that our perceptions of perfect changes with time and experience.
    At one time I had one of those sets before building a registy set of them.( Now retired)
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it include CAM or DCAM 1965-1967 coins?
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    It was a fair deal all around. You bought them for about 1/2 of retail price that a dealer would charge you. Your friend got a fair deal too, about what a dealer would have paid him, IF a dealer would have even wanted them.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • As LindeDad said, you have a nice start on a set. Take the ball and run. You are only 21 years behind. Times a wasting.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Yogi Berra once say, "you can see alot, just by looking"? You might find some real gems if the collection was assembled caringly.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • RebelRonRebelRon Posts: 544 ✭✭
    Good buy!Now work on owning the whole set!image
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    If you thought those years looked shiny, wait till you get your hands on the Silver Series Proof Kennedy's in UDCam!
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file