Home U.S. Coin Forum

My first bust dime of the new year

The coin is a bit dark, which made it tough for me to image...was the best I could do with my point and shoot. Grade opinions and comments (good or bad) welcome! edit to add: You can still see some luster through the dark toning, though my pictures don't really show it.
Finest Coins and Relics

Comments

• thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to be dogmatic because of the dark photo/coin but it looks like at least a nice XF-45 or more likely an AU 50. The main thing is that it's appealing to you, so congratulations on your first 2011 purchase, and enjoy it! image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I'd give it an AU-53 or AU-55. Chocolate brown Busts are my favorites! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd give it an AU-53 or AU-55. Chocolate brown Busts are my favorites! image >>

I like all busts image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Here are the sellers pics, they are a bit brighter:
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Nice looking dime, I would work on your lighting a bit when photographing coins, of coarse i have very little room to talk. The coin looks nice and i think i saw that one for sale. I see already have your first 50 posts, but welcome to the forum. Nice to have bust collectors around here.image
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Nice NewP. Nice way to start the new year image
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin.
  • USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the kind words guys. I've been trying to get better photos, even went as far as to go pick up a couple new lights...but I'm still struggling. I've tried using the backlight feature in photoscape to brighten it up which helps some, but I dunno!
    Finest Coins and Relics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file