Home U.S. Coin Forum

I only miss four large cents I used to own...here's the other two...

Comments

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet!!!

I actually miss the low grade 1799 I got from Mike Ringo...wish I hadn't sold it. G/AG on a perfect planchet.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    mighty nice 23's
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    The hits just keep on coming.

Tell me, if you could only keep one of the 4, which would you choose and why?
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • RTSRTS Posts: 1,408

<< <i>Tell me, if you could only keep one of the 4, which would you choose and why? >>

Note: the 4 coins in question are 1821 N1 & N2 and 1823 N1 & N2.

That is a quite difficult question...for years that have only 2 varieties, i.e. 1821 and 1823, I always see the coins as a pair
    and it pains me to see a pair of anything divided; maybe that is why it was easier to part with all of them instead of some of
    them...but to answer (evade) your question: truthfully I do not think I could keep only one; I'd rather have the pair of one or the
    other or nothing...I am not even sure I could choose between the 1821s and the 1823s...sorry I cannot answer the
    question...I think I'm going to start crying.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are extremely nice, and I like the card, as well.
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Tell me, if you could only keep one of the 4, which would you choose and why? >>

sorry I cannot answer the question...I think I'm going to start crying. >>

Well that certainly wasn't the response I was hoping for. imageimage
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • RTSRTS Posts: 1,408

<< <i>Those are extremely nice, and I like the card, as well. >>

If you mean by card the handwritten notes; it is actually Howard Newcomb's Copper book
    that I used as a background.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - very nice, as are all the large cents you post, RTS.
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file