Home U.S. Coin Forum

I only miss four large cents I used to own...here's two of them...

I only miss four large cents I used to own...here's two of them...the other two are also from a year with just 2 varieties...

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice large cents, i see why you miss them image
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I would miss them too. Tough, tough date to find nice.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss them, too.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I miss my 1809 Cent

I need to find a new one.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have owned one 1821 large cent, and I have had it for about 33 years. It was one of the half dozen or so large cents from my boyhood collection, and it now resides in my 7070.

• YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    A couple of beauties.
  • RTSRTS Posts: 1,408

<< <i>I have owned one 1821 large cent, and I have had it for about 33 years. It was one of the half dozen or so large cents from my boyhood collection, and it now resides in my 7070.

image >>

That is really nice...I hope to replace my 1821s (and 1823s) in 2011 but will not be easy.

<< <i>

<< <i>I have owned one 1821 large cent, and I have had it for about 33 years. It was one of the half dozen or so large cents from my boyhood collection, and it now resides in my 7070.

image >>

That is really nice...I hope to replace my 1821s (and 1823s) in 2011 but will not be easy. >>

Thanks, yours are (were) in outstanding condition. I had no idea how much these were worth until I just now looked at a price guide. I paid $10 for mine, BTW. I earned the money delivering papers.
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a really nice 1821 in an NGC AU55 holder, which refuses to be photographed correctly through the plastic, so I won't show it. Formerly, it was PCGS AU55, but someone crossed it over (not me). It's an EAC XF-something, and it has a nick under Liberty's chin, but it has absolutely choice, lighter-than-average surfaces. I would not want to have to search for another of this date, as nice examples are difficult to locate.

• joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    RYK

Not sure about the '56 but the '03, '08, and '21 are mighty nice for the grade!!!!
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure about the '56 but the '03, '08, and '21 are mighty nice for the grade!!!! >>

I agree wholeheartedly.

FWIW, here's my crusty, spotted, '21 N-2:

NGC XF 45 CAC
    imageimage
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

<< <i>RYK

Not sure about the '56 but the '03, '08, and '21 are mighty nice for the grade!!!! >>

Thanks, Joe. I have always thought that the color was off on the '56. What do you think?
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man you guys are killing me - the 1821 is on my short list of middle date cents to get next. I got the 39/6 and the 23/2 in VF this past year, so the 1821 is due!
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
    The '56 just seems too light - I have been fooled by that a few times (some varieties can look off but be OK - I am just not that familiar with that sort of detail) but just does not seem right if that is what it really looks like. Anyway you could pick up a nice color match for not a lot o $$$ and make the run look really nice.
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I sold my 21 to aquire a 23

still looking for a nive 1809
  • Nice coins and nice album of large cents
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RTS, you always have some of the best backdrops for your coins!
    (nice coins, too)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file