Home U.S. Coin Forum

What type(s) of sets should be included in the Registry? POLL

I personally believe the Registry should be reserved for those who currently own their coins and are willing to share them with the public (public Registry). I don't like the option to hide the coins in your Registry (private Registry). If you choose to use the Registry as your inventory management tool, I don't believe you should appear in the public Registry.

I've broken down the POLL into four categories:

Current Shared - You own the coins and you are willing to share them with the public.
Current Hidden - You own the coins but you aren't willing to share them with the public.
Retired - You owned the coins but have since sold some or all of the coins.
Historic - Eliasberg, Garrett, Norweb, Bass, Neil, etc.

If you are a Registry participant; do you have an opinion?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    So far, 58% Only want Current Shared with Photos... we need more voting.

84% of those voting want you to own the coins to participate in the Registry; 16% want to include retired sets and 8% want to include historic sets.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with the way it is, except I always found the hidden sets to be annoying.
    I would like to spend my money on coins rather than pictures. You may end up driving people away
    unless you are volunteering to take photos for free.

I did not vote because I did not see any that I agree with.
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I know why they don't but I wish you could use NGC coins too.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will go with the host on this and let them all in.

Some where there is a person that will enjoy those what if sets that never really were made called historic sets.

Some where there is a collector that is afraid everyone is out to get him so all he shows is he has the coins.

I and a lot of others have built sets retired them and moved on to other sets.

I just deleted all the images of one of my sets so I can redo them so none are showing now.

I have a few sets that have a lot of images showing but I am about the only one that looks at them.

• speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    The problem I have with historic is that there are several instances where the "estimated" grade does not match the grade that the coin currently resides in...
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file