Home U.S. Coin Forum

cheap frankie purchase

Comments

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    wow. Thats a killer 55 they always seem to have ugly toning. This one rocks great coin.
  • thanks! picked it up under $100 which I thought was pretty cool. image
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>image >>

Come and get it Joe image
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy sheeebiscuits . .

That is a nice hunk-o'-silver !!!!!

Drunner
  • Nice pickup
  • Thanks to dick at Yellow river rare coins for this fine specimen. Real gentlemen!!!

here are the photos on the site. Quite a difference image

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Someone's (and not the OP's) imaging skills are perhaps not conducive to 'getting it right'. Those images look like 2 COMPLETELY different coins. The seller's images make it look dull and lifeless, almost undesirable.
    I'll come up with something.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The op's images certainly are much nicer.
    That spot on the eyebrow would bug me to bad. How's the luster?

• << <i>Someone's (and not the OP's) imaging skills are perhaps not conducive to 'getting it right'. Those images look like 2 COMPLETELY different coins. The seller's images make it look dull and lifeless, almost undesirable. >>

I took a gamble on it and came out on top. Dick actually wrote me a very nice letter with the coin stating he paid over twice what i paid for the coin but since he couldnt take a good picture of it he was having a hard time selling it, i kind of had a feeling it was going to be a nice coin image

<< <i>The op's images certainly are much nicer.
    That spot on the eyebrow would bug me to bad. How's the luster? >>

the spot on the eyebrow really isnt as bad in hand as it blends in pretty well. The luster is not bad, it could be better but the toning is pretty heavy which subdued it quite a bit.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a nice 55 toner a few years ago in a rattler slab. They are tough to find really pretty.
    The reverse on this one is very colorful. I still really love the coin, but the bell lines are nowhere near full.
    Seller's images...

• << <i>I found a nice 55 toner a few years ago in a rattler slab. They are tough to find really pretty.
    The reverse on this one is very colorful. I still really love the coin, but the bell lines are nowhere near full.
    Seller's images...
    image >>

very pretty meltdown! 55s are few and far between!
  • just found out mines the Bugs Bunny variety image
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool pick up
  • djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    Exceptional color for a 55. Imagine if that coin was a 66fbl? The price would be enormous!

• << <i>Exceptional color for a 55. Imagine if that coin was a 66fbl? The price would be enormous! >>

I do not want to imagine that image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file