Home U.S. Coin Forum

HA Auction 1823 large cent...auction completed...nice coin...

I miss my 1823s...was thinking about this coin...

Comments

• rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice details, but possibly recolored?
  • raysrays Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you liked that one, you should have seen this stunning PCGS AU58 example in last year's FUN sale (lot 109):

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at that coin several times over the past few weeks and admired it, knowing it was going to go for more than I'd be willing to pay. But I did not know it would go this high!
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • RTSRTS Posts: 1,408

<< <i>If you liked that one, you should have seen this stunning PCGS AU58 example in last year's FUN sale (lot 109):

image >>

Love it.
  • raysrays Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I looked at that coin several times over the past few weeks and admired it, knowing it was going to go for more than I'd be willing to pay. But I did not know it would go this high! >>

I thought it sold cheap. According to my agent who examined it in person, it was re-colored and had too many marks for the grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file