Home Sports Talk
Options

Big "oops" at Georgia Bulldog football gala

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
Local sportscaster today reported that 23 seniors from the University of Georgia were given plaques which stated they had a 7-6 season. OOPS...the plaques were made before the Bulldogs tangled with the University of Central Florida in the recent Liberty Bowl in Memphis, TN. UCF is a team that has never won anything, let alone a bowl game. Well, the hapless Georgia team scored a whopping two field goals and lost to UCF 11-6 to end a dismal season. The story goes on that new plaques will be made to indicate the correct season accomplishment of 6-7.

Coach Mark Richt stated "we have to make some changes"...gee, Mark, ya think? Maybe you shoulda gone for it on 4th and 1 instead of punting like a big woosie.

Fortunately there is a bright side to this UGA, the bulldog mascot was apparently too ill to make the journey from Athens, GA to Memphis this past week, so he did not have to witness the whoopin first hand.

I suspect Mr. Richt's days at Georgia are numbered.

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're nothing but a group of thugs who don't seem to care one bit about football. This is the worst bunch(I think) that have ever worn the red and black jersey. If I told you they would have a losing season before the season started, you might have said something like..."well, that Aaron Murray is such a young quarterback and is just learning the ropes".....etc...Truth is, he had an amazing season! The offensive line was awful, those running backs that were supposed to be offensive weapons were the epitome of underachievers and the defense still has a long way to go. As a dawg fan I absolutely hate it. I don't know the solution, but I saw an average at best team from last year just become a bad team this season. Just because you're bowl eligible at 6-6 doesn't mean you deserve to be there. UGA and that gold and black team from down the road in downtown Atlanta proved that point! image