Home U.S. Coin Forum

Can you interpret this sellers response to a question for me, please?

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here was my question: Is the coin pictured the one that I'd receive?
Here is the auction:Ebay 1880
And here is his response to my question: well I guess this is of since it is 1880 thanks

Did he answer my question? Have no clueimage

bob
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭
    He did not answer your question. But the answer is most definitely....

NO!
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent this question about the 1878 Morgan, which has a starting bid of $5 more.

Q: "Why is this coin starting at $5 more than your other two silver dollars, when the picture of this coin looks crappier than the other two? Could it be 'cause you're stealing images from other coins that don't look anything like the ones you have for sale?"

A: "This coin is in perfect condition."

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• stealerstealer Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some other eBay sellers selling bulk MS Morgan's by date that use stock photos of DMPL's or high MS coins.
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I asked him the same question...but differently...

Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just asked

is coin that comes if I win one that is picture taken of in the auction/ is it for sure same coin being sent me if I am win

dagnabit. lets all ask lets all ask...
  • USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just asked

is coin that comes if I win one that is picture taken of in the auction/ is it for sure same coin being sent me if I am win

dagnabit. lets all ask lets all ask... >>

I'm interested to hear his response to this question image
    Finest Coins and Relics

• << <i>I just asked

If I am win
    HUH? image
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just asked

Dang, that's mean! LOVE IT!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Hey guys give him a break. He's from New Jersey; you'll confuse him with everyone asking the same question.

I asked him if he will be posting a picture of the real coin he is selling before or after the auction ends.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys give him a break. He's from New Jersey >>

Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He did not answer your question. But the answer is most definitely....

NO! >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

The answer I got

The coin has a no wear condition and will post act pic.

OK......
  • ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    the guy has a low feedback rating, looks like he isnt a coin seller, he may not understand what you are asking him, maybe present the question differently rather than accusing him of stealing pictures, if i was he i would block all yer @$$es !
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
    Yup now he put up the real picture and it looks AU or so......

bullion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file