How's this for a career?

IP-1146
Earned Runs-183
ERA-1.44
Hits Allowed-1065
Walks-0
K's-1223
HRs Allowed-41

The above #s are what Blyleven accomplished in excess of Morris. Morris actually walked more batters in 3824 innings than Blyleven did 4970.

Comments

• Options
    You never know, there are probably some writers who vote for Morris and not Blyleven...don't know for sure though.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You never know, there are probably some writers who vote for Morris and not Blyleven...don't know for sure though. >>

You're probably right. But I was hoping that those writers were limited in quantity (the fringe element that I referred to). >>

When ESPN has 18 out of the roughly 540 ballots cast, that fringe element is pretty damn big IMO. The number of things about ESPN that gall me is extensive, but none moreso than their part in excluding voting right for Neyer and Law back in 2007, claiming that those two didn't regularly attend games as reporters. Just curious how many ESPN guys DO regularly attend games as reporters.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    What did Bert do on the big stage?
  • Options
    Mickey71,

What did Rice do on the big stage image

Gotta be fair dude.
  • Options

<< <i>What did Bert do on the big stage? >>

Playoffs: 5-1 record, 2.47 ERA. Wasn't quite as effective in his last go-around at age 36, but still was 3-1.

Note: Edited out a mistake regarding 1970.

Next strawman???

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Blyleven is...

5w-1L with a 2.47 Post Season ERA.

Or in other terms...an ERA over a FULL RUN lower than Jack Morris's post season ERA of 3.80 image

And if you are still into the archaic measurement of WP%, a post season WP% nearly 200 points higher than Morris's image

Bking, quick to the draw...nice job image
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I meant the question as a question because I didn't know. He was a very good post season pitcher. I do not think Morris is a Hall of Famer.
  • Options

<< <i>I meant the question as a question because I didn't know. He was a very good post season pitcher. I do not think Morris is a Hall of Famer. >>

Sorry, touchy subject for me that is no longer touchy as of today image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------