Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone ever had dealings with?

Continental Coin in Van Nuys Ca.? May be down that way and thought I'de check them out, is it worth my time or should I pass on them. I have 2 Gold Eagles and 40 SIlver Eagles I want to sell but need to do so in the next day or so in order to buy a new toy. Any input would be appriciated----Thanks Tom
Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me see if I understand. You are taking two $10 gold pieces and two rolls of
    Silver Eagles to a dealer that you have never met, never talked to, or have no other
    feedback regarding? Why?

Do you realize that you have dozens of dealers right here on the PCGS forum, plus
    all the collectors, that would be happy to send you money asap.

I'd try the BST before I went into the unknown.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Nothing good will come of this.
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, there are WAY better places to go nearby. CC's not one of them.

I'll shoot you a PM - Please go elsewhere unless you need a haircut image
  • Thanks for the info, never dealt with this place and after reading some PMs' never will i'll see if I can get to my usual dealers. That's the only bad thing about a small town gotta drive to get alot of things done on short notice. Next time I'll list them on the BST this guy just put the motor up for sale and I'm trying to beat another buyer as 396 crate motors with a 4 bolt main are getting hard to find.
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    I'm a "gear" head too, what are you going to put the 396 into???

Good luck . . . blessings

John
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never heard of them good luck getting that engine to image
  • I have had poor dealing with CC and cannot recommend them. Maybe you will have better luck.
  • ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    not a chevy guy but i know a 396 4 bolt is nearly as scarce as a 428CJ
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything

• << <i>I'm a "gear" head too, what are you going to put the 396 into???

Good luck . . . blessings

John >>

Leaning towards a 66 Chevell to replace the Wifes which her sister totaled. But If I can find a 64 Nova 2DR post car in restorable condition show me at the track and she'll just have to wait for her Chevell. On the good side passed on CC for another location got what I wanted for the Eagles and the motor is now mineimage.
    For those who don't know these motors are extremly hard to find so when they pop up ya gotta grab it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file