Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Circulated Matte Proof Lincoln PCGS certified

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, and a 16 at that...

You know others exist..maybe even a 1909 vdb!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    That is quite interesting. As WS said, makes you wonder how many else are floating around. Thanks for the heads up.

Not to go off topic, but since you linked us to the auction, I was surfing the other Lincolns (pre '33) and was quite alarmed by the poorly struck Lincolns in 64 and 65 PCGS holders. I drink the Koolaid but I am disappointed. How does that 14-D get a plus??? There are a few choice pieces but some real dogs.
  • Options
    first time I have been to that site thank you for the post and my apologies for being a newbie
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Maybe...even

I got a raw 1912 MPL off Ebay 5 or so years ago for $50. Sold it to Brian Wagner back when I sold my PCGS MPLs, don't recall what grade it got when he submitted it.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dang, and a 16 at that...

You know others exist..maybe even a 1909 vdb!

WS >>

Hi Bob,
    Glad to see via your profile that you are now settled in California from South Carolina.

As for the 1916 MPL in 58BN, it is the only one less than proof 60 currently in a PCGS, NGC or ANACS holder. As for the 1909VDB MPL there are only 2 listed as less than proof 60 and they are both ANACS 55BN. My guess is that they are no longer in that designated slab. There are probably a few other MPL's out there without certification by PCGS, NGC, or even ANACS. I believe their value is ONLY there IF they get slabbed by PCGS or NGC.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the looks of the out of focus slab scratches on the reverse...Id say this has been holdered for awhile.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

<< <i>from the looks of the out of focus slab scratches on the reverse...Id say this has been holdered for awhile. >>

On November 10, 2008, BWRC wrote:

Lowest grade to date at PCGS, 2 @ PR60

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    So how did this one get left out of the Pop report?
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    There are two circulated Matte Lincolns in the pops, this 1916, and a 1909 in PR58.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is worth more? A certified AU58, or a genuine (otherwise) 65?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Wouldn't they both be "certified"?

In your scenario, the Genny for sure.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So how did this one get left out of the Pop report? >>

It's in the pop under PR58
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.