CC gold on Ebay.....

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
real or fake, what say you?
bobimage
1870-cc $10 gold
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    For me the obverse looks funny - the reverse looks better - but either way I would not bid unless it was certified.

edited to say: fake
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless photos. No judgement possible.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For me the obverse looks funny - the reverse looks better - but either way I would not bid unless it was certified.

edited to say: fake >>

ill second that one get it certified
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see a high dollar coin (this really isnt high dollar, so let's say anything worth more than $2500) and it isn't certified by one of the big three, i always ask myself, why doesn't the person spend $30 stinkin dollars to take away all the doubt and subjectivity?
    NEVER buy any coin of value uncertified, even if you think you're getting a deal. There's a reason you're getting a deal.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • fake, as is his 71-CC

• << <i>
    NEVER buy any coin of value uncertified, even if you think you're getting a deal. There's a reason you're getting a deal. >>

Not always. There are true bargains out there to be had with raw coins. You just need to know what your doing.
  • HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Pictures aren't great but my gut instinct cries out fake.

The details on the date and "Liberty" look too sharp compared with the "wear" on the rest of the coin. If proven it is genuine at the very least I would say it has been cleaned/ polished.
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whenever I see a high dollar coin (this really isnt high dollar, so let's say anything worth more than $2500)

Pcgs price guide shows a value of $25,000 in VF-30 for 1870-CC 10 dollar Liberty.
    Trade $'s
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the forehead blends straight down into the nose.

haven't items from this seller been discussed before?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Pcgs price guide shows a value of $25,000 in VF-30 for 1870-CC 10 dollar Liberty
    Proving my point even more. I dont know Gold, sorry.

There are true bargains out there to be had with raw coins. You just need to know what your doing.
    I agree and just another reason why I wouldn't buy anything like this...I dont know Gold to well.

The question remains...why not spend a few bucks getting it certified and why not take better pics rather than with a freakin camera phone, to sell a $25k coin?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file