Home U.S. Coin Forum

Parsippany NJ Coin Show Report & 2011's First NEWPS!

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
Today was the monthy Parsippany, NJ coin show. As last month, I set up with my buddy Yosef aka the Fonz. We were lucky to get a table in the main room as a few dealers had already travelled down to Florida for the FUN show. I was set up with a variety of type and silver, and for the first time was offering coin photography. A few board members had inquired about getting their coins photographed, and two of them were happy to see me set up. I photographed/edited a total of 20 coins at the show, and this kept me busy for most of the show. Was nice to see some crusty gold, and a gorgeous Dalonghea gold half eagle! Big thanks to Gary, Mark, and Larry for patiently waiting while I photographed their coins!

Sales were once again primarily dealer to dealer with one sale to the public. Silver was the major thing at the show with Silver eagles trading at $35 each, and generic bars at $1 over spot each. There was a lot of speculation as to what will happen to silver, but the general concenus was that long term it will go....up. image I had a bunch of morgans, a roll of 2009 ASE's and generic bars, but only 1 bar sold. Must be a sign to hold image. My big sale for the day was a 1795 Flowing Hair Half I wanted to move. BIG thanks to Mr. Fonz for arranging this!

My pickups were decent even though I didn't get to walk around. I picked up a very PQ 1806 Draped Bust Half dollar graded VF30 CAC. I love the surfaces on this one, and it has a twinge of toning not seen in the pictures. I also picked up a very crusty 1836 $5 classic head half eagle graded AU50. I had been looking for this type for a while, and it was very reasonably priced. Lastly a 1937 mercury dime with very purdy toning! Will send these last two to CAC shortly.

Was a great show, and I hope to be able to set up again next month!
NEWPS:

Ankur
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Hiya image

Those are lovely additions - all of them. Like the half, the crusty gold and that dime is super! Nice colors that remind me of some Proofs I used to own. Glad you enjoyed the show. Can we see some of the images you took, or do you sell copyright to your work along with the images?

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    Both the half and the gold piece are very clean. Based on the photos I'd say the dime and 5 dollar gold piece will get the green bean. Thanks for the show report.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Will check with the owner of the coins if I can post the images.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report Ankur, and great new pickups!
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    I posted the 1806 half cent in another thread. This is another coin Ankur did for me. Nothing to special as coins go but my old HP scanned this coin so badly it wouldn't have brought 25.00 on eBay if I used them.

• rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I picked this up for my raw set of "CircCam" Morgans that I have been halfheartedly working on...

Here she is next to her cousin from the Bay Area.

Truth be told, finding a matched set of dirty Morgans is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I like it image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankur, congratulations on those NEWPS. I really liked your 1836 Classic Head $5. image

Thanks again for the excellent photographs of my quarter eagles. I've posted a few of them below.

Hopefully I will see you and the Fonz next month when I have another armload of coins to photograph.

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark

You had some B E A Utiful crusty gold!
    cant wait to see whats in store for next month!

now we just need a table...
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    It is, and has always been, a GREAT show.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ankur, congratulations on those NEWPS. I really liked your 1836 Classic Head $5. image

Thanks again for the excellent photographs of my quarter eagles. I've posted a few of them below.

Hopefully I will see you and the Fonz next month when I have another armload of coins to photograph.
    >>

Mark,

Didn't realize who you were from the boards yesterday, you brought some beautiful coins and you have a heck of a nice set.

I love crusty, dirty gold.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file