Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

My 12th Registry set (6th complete), or how # 5 + #7 = #1

I just noticed, the other day, that this set was recently added to the Set Registry (added on12/22/10).

To me, it was a no-brainer... just add my #5 Washington Quarters Basic Set, Proof (1936-1964) set to my #7 Washington Quarters Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1932-1964) set, and viola, it became my #1 Washington Quarters Basic Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1932-1964) set! image

When I registered this set, on Wed, 12/29, it was the only set registered. Since then, there have been four more added.

This is the only set of mine that has made it to #1, and the only set that was complete at the time of registering it.

Now wondering to pedigree or not to pedigree. I'm no longer a member of the collectors club, and the cost to pedigree would be quite substantial.
Plus, if I decided to go ahead and have it pedigreed, there are quite a few coins I'd want to have regraded under Secure Plus.

My first dilemma of the new year! image
FULL Heads RULE!

Comments

• SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Don,
    Now that you're #1 in the basic circulation strike and proof strike Washington Quarters 1932 thru 1964 Set Registry, why not open the set for everyone to see. You have both your #5 and #7 sets open now so go ahead and do it! You might want to add some commentary at the begining also. I know you didn't need to aquire any new coins to get this but it is nice to have #1, at least for awhile. CONGRATULATIONS. Steveimage

• << <i>Don,
    Now that you're #1 in the basic circulation strike and proof strike Washington Quarters 1932 thru 1964 Set Registry, why not open the set for everyone to see. You have both your #5 and #7 sets open now so go ahead and do it! You might want to add some commentary at the begining also. I know you didn't need to aquire any new coins to get this but it is nice to have #1, at least for awhile. CONGRATULATIONS. Steveimage >>

Thanks, Steve.

I didn't realize that the set was "closed". image

Should be open now! image

Yes, I'm wondering how long my #1 status will last.

At least I was #1 on 1/1/11! image
    FULL Heads RULE!

• << <i>congrats Don >>

Thanks, Craig.

One need only check the circulation strike set to see who is mentioned the most. image

Couldn't have done it w/o your help! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set dude! Thanks for sharing the news and congratulations!
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

• << <i>

Yes, I'm wondering how long my #1 status will last.

At least I was #1 on 1/1/11! image >>

1/11/11, and still #1, with a total of 8 sets now registered. image
    FULL Heads RULE!

• << <i>When I registered this set, on Wed, 12/29, it was the only set registered. Since then, there have been four more added.

This is the only set of mine that has made it to #1, and the only set that was complete at the time of registering it.

Now wondering to pedigree or not to pedigree. I'm no longer a member of the collectors club, and the cost to pedigree would be quite substantial.
    Plus, if I decided to go ahead and have it pedigreed, there are quite a few coins I'd want to have regraded under Secure Plus.

My first dilemma of the new year! image >>

Nice set. If you want to have your set "Pedigreed" I don't think it cost any more then postage / insurance both ways.

<< <i>A valuable pedigree. In the rare coin market a pedigree is a contributing factor in the pride of ownership and value of the coin. Coins from famous collections such as Eliasberg, Norweb, Garrett, etc., usually command a premium in the marketplace. In some instances, PCGS may recognize, at their discretion, pedigrees for people, living and dead, or of hoards or accumulations of coins that are of historical significance. Pedigrees recognize important collecting achievements both within and without the PCGS Set Registry.

If you participate in the PCGS Set Registry program your set may qualify for the free pedigree service. The free pedigree service policy is as follows:

The set must be 100% complete.
    The set must be in the top 5 in the Registry.
    PCGS does not pedigree modern Mint and Proof sets (1965-present), Everyman Collections or Low Ball sets.
    Sets with less than 10 coins may be pedigreed if warranted. The decision will be that of PCGS experts.
    The Registry member is responsible for shipping and handling costs.
    The fee for pedigrees for upgrades to your set submitted after the initial pedigree is $10 a coin. PCGS will not pedigree duplicate coins. You must submit both the upgraded coin and the coin it will be replacing. The coin that will no longer remain in your set will be reholdered without the pedigree and returned to you along with the newly pedigreed coin. Your set must remain 100% complete and in the top five to qualify.

To confirm that your set qualifies for the free Pedigree Service, contact customer service at setregistry@collectors.com. Then mail with your coins a PCGS submission form and a printed page from the set registry that lists your set in the top five.
    Please note: Pedigrees can be up to 22 characters in length. If the coin has a variety designation (i.e. Type 1, Type 2, etc.), this is included as part of the total character count. Indicate on your submission form if you would like your coins sequentially numbered. PCGS no longer certifies coins with green inserts. >>