Home Sports Talk
Options

BCS National Championship Game thread

Oregon is going to get smoked better then a pacific salmon.

Predictions anyone ?

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watch the second half

Oregon wins 38-34

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SEC dominates as always despite a slow start by Auburn. Cam comes alive in 2nd half.

Auburn 34
    Oregon 17
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Nobody can stop the Oregon offense. Should be a decent game but Oregon pulls away late. Oregon 42 Auburn 28.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    The Phil Knight Warriors vs. Gene Chizik's Band of Mighty Mercs. I await the battle with bated breath.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Oregon 27-23.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it a great game. Something like the TCU/Wisconsin game would suit me. No prediction, we will just see how it goes.

"GO DUCKS"

Ken
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    How about the NCAAF smartens up and gets a playoff!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oregon is going to get smoked better then a pacific salmon.

Predictions anyone ? >>

Actually they don't call Salmon in the Pacific ocean a Pacific Salmon. They actually have 5 types of Salmon in the Pacific Ocean and none of them are called Pacific Salmon. Take ur pic...They have Chinook Salmon or King Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, and Chum or Keta Salmon.

They do have a Salmon called Atlantic Salmon...Is that what you were thinking of?

BTW, what team is yours? I know u r a Red Sox and Patriots fan, but who's your college team?

I will admit I'm a Lakers fan, UCLA Bruins fan and a Dodgers fan. I'm not a bandwagon fan like many keyboard peeps.

Cheers,
    brian
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>How about the NCAAF smartens up and gets a playoff! >>

Exactly. The whole eastern half of the country could care less about this. Most of them don't even know where Auburn is anyway. A playoff system would make the whole thing exciting, and give teams like TCU and Boise a shot at beating the best and winning. Instead, we get a bunch of games like the "Pizza Hut bowl" that really no one cares about.
  • Options
    I think Both boise and TCU could beat any team in the country this year. TCU deserves a share of the national championship.
  • Options
    I think Both boise and TCU could beat any team in the country this year. TCU deserves a share of the national championship.

I agree. In one game I believe either of them could have beaten anybody. Could they have won the SEC or Big 10? No, probably not. However, one game they could beat anybody. 3 or 4 game playoff? Probably not but we will never know. Obviously, with Boise having lost one that's unfair to say but TCU took care of all their business and I wish they would have a chance. Oh well....
  • Options
    I believe the Ducks will win the game. Am hoping for shootout as I do not really care who wins. Hoping for back and forth game that will be fun to watch on the big screen.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    this transplanted Oregonian is rooting hard for a Ducks victory, but I'm thinking Auburn will pull it out. I'd love to be wrong.

• Options
    i'm picking auburn but rooting for the ducks.
  • Options
    oregon 10 auburn 7 then tcu becomes the number 1 team
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auburn wins a squeaker. New revelations about Newton come out. Auburn is stripped of the title. NCAA says title will be vacant. TCU says "Up yours, we are the champs!"
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>Nobody can stop the Oregon offense. Should be a decent game but Oregon pulls away late. Oregon 42 Auburn 28. >>

My thoughts exactly. Ive got my ticket, flying down on Saturday from Portland to enjoy a bit of sun before the carnage begins! Go DUCKS!!
  • Options
    Good chance we may see 100 points tonight, but sometimes these games turn into a defensive battle for some reason.
    Auburn and Arkansas put up close to or over 100, so we may see it again. Should be a great game.
  • Options
    Go Ducks!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Auburn wins a squeaker. New revelations about Newton come out. Auburn is stripped of the title. NCAA says title will be vacant. TCU says "Up yours, we are the champs!" >>

Nice thought, but the NCAA has already proven that they have earmuffs on when it comes to Cam.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    With my wife being an Oregon alum we have many friends down at the game. One friend is debating how about selling his ticket. Paid $350 and he says he can easily get $3,500 right now. I told him to sell that and get drunk as heck at a sports bar! No decision yet. Either way it's a fun time but I'd rather come home with a couple g's in my pocket!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Auburn wins a squeaker. New revelations about Newton come out. Auburn is stripped of the title. NCAA says title will be vacant. TCU says "Up yours, we are the champs!" >>

Please, please, pretty please make this happen.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry Stown, in the long run it will be more prestigious to be one of the few Rose Bowl champions, than be a joke of a BCS game.
  • Options
    Does Bo Jackson want his duck served roasted or deep fried tonight ?
  • Options
    What an annoying pre-game show.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    ok, quick show of hands: who bet the under in the 1st quarter?

that's what I thought. Ducks're knocking on the door, though. image
  • Options
    That looked like a 2nd pic for Cam.
  • Options
    TIE BALLGAME!!!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Game. Congrats to Auburn. The Ducks will be back next year again. See Ya next year.

Ken
  • Options
    The ducks got robbed.
  • Options
    The Ducks didn't look their usual selves but have to give credit to Auburn for that. Great season for the Ducks and they and Stanford will make a run again next year!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Pac 10 fan and was rooting for the Ducks.
    They (Ducks) played it close and was in a position to win at the end.

I always hate to blame a head coach on his play calls, but I think the Ducks head coach really made a bad call when they went for the touchdown inside the 2 and couldn't get the ball in. That was a nice drive and they came out with nothing. The Ducks were unable to get the ball in the endzone on all of their other red zone attempts and clearly weren't getting anywhere on their previous 3 downs. After the Ducks failed to get in I could see all of Ducks momentum shift towards Auburn.

It was a good championship game and I'm happy it was close and came down to the wire.

I'm amazed Auburn didn't put it in the endzone in the final minute and ended up kicking the field goal. I guess the Auburn head coach for was going with the percentages even though they had a very high chance of scoring a game ending TD.

Auburn has some serious players on their team and their defense looked strong. Glad we don't have to see them in the Pac 10 next year. lol

I do want to note I got tired of hearing the announcer say, "Look at that SEC defense come thru again" or something along those lines. Come on, that's the Auburn defense.

Brian
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    If you're waiting for Auburn to get investigated & get stripped of the title, you'll be waiting a while. The NCAA president is a former chancellor at LSU, and we all know the SEC folks circle the wagons to protect their own. That investigation ain't going anywhere, but Katy bar the door if you're USC, Ohio State, or another non SEC school. I think the Big 12 schools are next.........Texas will be in their crosshairs.

The SEC runs the NCAA.

Fun to watch their football though. LSU's running backs brought me out of my seat during the Cotton Bowl with some of their runs.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>If you're waiting for Auburn to get investigated & get stripped of the title, you'll be waiting a while. The NCAA president is a former chancellor at LSU, and we all know the SEC folks circle the wagons to protect their own. That investigation ain't going anywhere, but Katy bar the door if you're USC, Ohio State, or another non SEC school. I think the Big 12 schools are next.........Texas will be in their crosshairs.

The SEC runs the NCAA.

Fun to watch their football though. LSU's running backs brought me out of my seat during the Cotton Bowl with some of their runs. >>

Agreed; for whatever reason, the NCAA swallowed their own rules on this one. Well, unless somehow his Dad doesn't meet the definition of 'family member'.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it really was a terrible game for both teams, I was glad to see it go right down to the wire. Oregon had so many chances, they just pi$$ed them all away. They only have themselves to blame for the loss. Congrats to Auburn. Another season of controversy. Who would like to see Auburn play TCU now? image
  • Options
    Nothing like taking the best teams in the country and giving them a 5 weeks off to guarantee a sloppy game.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Although it really was a terrible game for both teams, I was glad to see it go right down to the wire. Oregon had so many chances, they just pi$$ed them all away. They only have themselves to blame for the loss. Congrats to Auburn. Another season of controversy. Who would like to see Auburn play TCU now?

I totally agree. Oregon had every chance to win the game. Two great teams played an ugly game and came down to the wire.

I would like to see TCU play Stanford (or whoever) and then the winner play Auburn!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nobody can stop the Oregon offense. . >>

My thoughts exactly. ! >>

"Nobody can stop the Oregon offense in the pac-10".

There, I fixed that for you. It looks much better now.

• Options

<< <i>Nothing like taking the best teams in the country and giving them a 5 weeks off to guarantee a sloppy game. >>

And nothing like giving fast athletes a horrible field to play on. How many slips did we see last night ? Thirty or more ?
  • Options

<< <i>If you're waiting for Auburn to get investigated & get stripped of the title, you'll be waiting a while. The NCAA president is a former chancellor at LSU, and we all know the SEC folks circle the wagons to protect their own. That investigation ain't going anywhere, but Katy bar the door if you're USC, Ohio State, or another non SEC school. I think the Big 12 schools are next.........Texas will be in their crosshairs.

The SEC runs the NCAA.
    >>

Pretty pathetic. So in other words, the sec are nothing but cheaters.
  • Options
    And nothing like giving fast athletes a horrible field to play on. How many slips did we see last night ? Thirty or more ?

I do not normally agree with you but I agree. That was a joke. Even my wife asked why everybody was slipping. How that field could be that wet, for the biggest game of the year, is beyond me. Maybe Oregon paid to have the sprinklers left on since they are used to the rain up in Oregon!? image