Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone have The Authoritative Reference on Barber Dimes by Kevin Flynn

rkprkp Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
Hi, was wondering if anyone has this book and if you would recommend it. I saw a couple of reviews on Amazon that were very negative but want to see if people here had a more positive opinion of the book.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No . . . but I have the 1991 David Lawrence "The Complete Guide to Barber Dimes".

Relatively simple format . . . . history, some fun pages on the 1894-S, then date-by-date analysis but a lot of white on the pages and not too much data.

Drunner
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Of the four books by Kevin Flynn on Barber coinage,
    which I own, I would recommend the Dime book the most.

If you are into RPM's and RPD's then this book is
    invaluable. Esoteric but invaluable.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Of the four books by Kevin Flynn on Barber coinage,
    which I own, I would recommend the Dime book the most.

If you are into RPM's and RPD's then this book is
    invaluable. Esoteric but invaluable. >>

I absolutely agree with this. I own the book and it is money well spent indeed.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    It's a reasonable reference with decent information. Probably the best on Barber Dimes thus far.

Glenn
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    kevinjkevinj Posts: 972 ✭✭✭
    I read the reviews on Amazon, apprarently, the customers did not understand what I did with the Barber series.

For the dimes and quarters, these books contain only the die varieties for these series.

For the half dollars, there is only a limited number of half dollar die varieties, so I put all the history (which was the same
    for all three series), hub changes, artchive letters, date by date analysis in that book. I did not want to duplicate the
    same info in all three books. I found that many Barber collectors were interested in all three series.

Some people are used to other formats, some do not like die varieties. If you read the description of the book
    on Amazon, it goes into detail about the die varieties.

On the 1894-S Barber dime, I made this into its own book as I found so much info, it grew into one of my favorite
    research and book projects.

If you are interested in die varieties, this book is a must, if you are interested in the history, date by date, archive letters,
    then get the half dollar book.

If you are a member of the ANA, you can borrow from their library, see if you like it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Kevin

Kevin Flynn
    Kevin J Flynn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file