Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would you wait?

eBay auction ends Dec 21 for about $300. Buyer sends me note on Dec 23 saying he will pay on Dec 30. No payment on Dec 30, so I send invoice reminder on Dec 31. He responds that he had unexpected car trouble and will pay on Jan 12. Not a big deal, but then I look through his feedback and see that he has received feedback for payments since Dec 21 totalling about $300 (all auctions less than $50). He has also won over $1000 worth of auctions in the last five days including 2 today. Finally, I see that in the last few days he has received feedback for three different $300 (or so) auctions that ended at least one month ago. So it looks like he has a practice of waiting about a month to pay for "big" wins, but he pays "small" wins immediately.

If it wasn't for the negative feedback potential, I'd tell him to enjoy his other wins and sell my item to someone else. How about you?

JTB

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'd file NPB.

Good for you.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>I'd file NPB. >>

+1

I usually find that when I file a NPB or cancel the transaction they either pay right away or they agree to cancel. Either way you waited long enough to get paid imo.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd file NPB. >>

+1

I usually find that when I file a NPB or cancel the transaction they either pay right away or they agree to cancel. Either way you waited long enough to get paid imo. >>

I would file a cancel the transaction. Only thing is he can neg if he decides to pay.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    NPB- FILE!
  • Options
    I'm worried about the negative if he decides to pay. He clearly has the ability to pay, so I think he eventually will. But I hate waiting around until he decides he wants to pay. I've got 12 years with no negs. I can't find the exact rules. If I file NPB and he pays he can still neg me, correct?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm worried about the negative if he decides to pay. He clearly has the ability to pay, so I think he eventually will. But I hate waiting around until he decides he wants to pay. I've got 12 years with no negs. I can't find the exact rules. If I file NPB and he pays he can still neg me, correct? >>

If I was looking to buy from you and noticed that 1 little negative over a 12 year period it would matter exactly 0 to me. Don't sweat the small stuff.