Home Sports Talk
Options

Rams v. Seahawks - Tie Question

So Seahawks and Rams play for the division title this weekend. If the Rams win (or tie) they win the division and if the Seahawks win they win the division. The thing is last Sunday I heard two different national sports cast say last week's Seahawks game didn't matter once the Rams won as it still would come down to who won this coming week when they played head to head. However, what if there is a tie? As far as I know NFL games can still end in a tie. Had the Seahawks won last week the Rams and Seahawks would be tied. I don't know who holds the tie breaker but I am assuming Seattle since all they have to do is win the game and they will both be 8-8. I thus think the Seahawks should have (and probably did) try to win last Sunday. Though ties don't happen very often they do happen occasionally. Any thoughts on this? Or, is the NFC west so who cares!?

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭
    Hawks win all tie breakers
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    ...but Hawks don't win if the game ends in a tie, right?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .but Hawks don't win if the game ends in a tie, right?

No, because they are a game behind the Rams...the Rams can tie and advance but the Hawks must win..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Seattle wins, they will win the division with a pathetic 7-9 record. I would hope that would prompt the NFL to get rid of these stupid 4 team divisions (and go back to 6 divisions with 5 or 6 teams in each division), but it probably will not.