Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Secure Plus grade, but free Trueview photos?

Bought the coin for $2-3 raw. Submitted it under a freebie under the Secure Plus system. Came back a 66+, Pop 2. Submitted complete set for pedigree, the 4 coins in Secure Plus slabs( ALL FREEBIES) came back as regular slabs. Contacted Monica in Customer service to place the coins into the proper Secure Plus holders. Asked for a grade review on the 1965. Mark under bust is a struck thru, the SLIGHT scuffs on the obverse are only on the original skin, no damage what so ever. Came back as an MS 67! Now from a low Pop of 2, to a high Pop of 10! PCGS Secure Plus has been very good to me. I looked up this coin and my other Secure Plus coins and they ALL have photos!! Does anyone know why? I didn't ask/pay for them. They are nice photos, WAY better than I can take. The 2 photos below are my best effort. Is it because they are in the top 10 for their year? Thanks in advance. Ray

imageimageimage
You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that coin is clean.
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    TTT, anyone know? Thanks! Ray

DOH!! I just looked around the website. Coins submitted under Secure Plus at the regular level and are condition census will have a TrueView photo free. If you submmit under the regular service, and feel it qualifies, you need to pay the $20 for the photo, if it is deserving of the status. I remember a fellow board member seeing his coin there before Secure Plus came along. He was happy it was there, but, thought of it as PCGS hi-jacking his coin in a way, and they didn't give him a photo. Under this service, the photos automatically show up in your set/inventory. Sorry guys!image
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that you have answered your own question. If you did not pay for the pics, than your coins were identified as top pops and put in Coinfacts. JMHO Shag
  • Options
    It was imaged because it is a top pop coin. I'm a newbie but I remember an announcement where PCGS was soliciting those who felt they had the best examples for inclusion into the coinfacts system. I remember because I made some smarta55 comment related tying coin facts/secure plus service/no plus grades given on regular submissions.

Correct me everyone if I am wrong about the PCGS solicitation for top pop coins for imaging and inclusion into coinfacts. (too lazy/hungover to search) image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file