Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Another yard sale pickup -- Bob Horner: significance of inscription?

Sometime last year I picked up a nice Mickey Mantle autograph which helped me keep an open mind about sports memorabilia (I have 0 knowledge about sports) while yard sailing.

I ran into this ball and certificate and something in my mind told me to buy it. It has a CoA and a couple shiny stickers (which coin weenies are apparently suckers for image) along with the inscription "4 Hrs 1 game 8-6-86". I folled the "it must be special if it's been authenticated multiple times" logic here, which is probably flawed. Here are some photos:

I've done a little searching and Bob Horner's autographed baseballs apparently do not have a lot of value. However, I did run into one that "might" be a little similar to what I have in terms of ball and use.

Now my question is, does the inscription add any value or is this the kind of thing that I might put on eBay and hope to get $4.99 for?

Thanks for your help!
Ben
-Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    inscription adds a little (not a lot unfortunately)

Horner was a good player and his signature is relatively easy to obtain

Good Luck

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    The inscription is from Horner's 4 HR game and adds little to the value...its not game used from the game. It does have an MLB Authentic holo so its a good autograph. For $4.99 its worth buying. I dont know that you would get more than 15-20 on ebay for it so its more an item to keep.