Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

~ Copper 4 The Weekend™... Happy New Year! ~

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    This one may be "moving on" so I thought I'd put it up while I still owned it. F-760B-!A NGC MS64 BN
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

PCGS MS66 CAC image HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Former LeeG pedigree also

Edited to add: HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat copper everyone - love that broadstruck, Broadstruck!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of oldies, but with new images:

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in forever I have some new copper to postimage. Both of these came from Rob(66RB) here on the boards, thanks again Rob.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you said Copper, right?? i figure that includes Bronze, but if it didn't just bear with me!!image

i know it's a Half-Dollar, but it's Copper!!

image-

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Neat copper everyone - love that broadstruck, Broadstruck! >>

Happy New Year ThePennyLady... It's a Obverse Die Cap, not a Broadstirke image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, Charmy!!imageimage
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Neat copper everyone - love that broadstruck, Broadstruck! >>

Happy New Year ThePennyLady... It's a Obverse Die Cap, not a Broadstirke image >>

Yep, of course - I knew that! image I plead a slow and mushy brain from three days partying in Vegas with the girls, one night of which included riding the bull at Gilleys!! image
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    1899 IHC MS66RB. Purchased from Charmy a while ago in a NGC 66RB, cracked out and came back 66RB PCGS.

• Options
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Great Indians Charmy.

I love the 64 with the hub transfer lines, very early strike.

And of course, my pulse stepped up a beat at the site of your 61'.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, of course - I knew that! image I plead a slow and mushy brain from three days partying in Vegas with the girls, one night of which included riding the bull at Gilleys!! image >>

Damn, Charmy; you sound like fun!
  • Options
    got this back this week.

imageimage

Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messin' around with my copy stand I got for Christmas. Not sure I've got the focus quite right. Happy New Year everyone!!!! Shag
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i> three days partying in Vegas with the girls, one night of which included riding the bull at Gilleys!! image >>

Pics or it didn't happen image

This is coming back from NGC as lacquered, oh well.

• Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Messin' around with my copy stand I got for Christmas. Not sure I've got the focus quite right. Happy New Year everyone!!!! Shag
    imageimage >>

Nice beard detail. image

Top Pop:

MS69 RD (SMS)

The United States Mint launched the first redesigned one-cent coin (penny) in 50 years in a ceremony on the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth. The redesigned Lincoln penny features a log cabin on the coin's reverse (tails side), emblematic of Lincoln's humble roots in Kentucky.

"The new Lincoln cent is a milestone moment for the United States Mint and for our country," said United States Mint Deputy Director Andy Brunhart. "The coin is a tribute to a humble man who rose to great heights living by principles of honesty, integrity and loyalty, principles that never go out of fashion. More importantly, Americans will forever hold dear Lincoln's legacy - an enduring Nation, united in the pursuit of equality for all."

Mr. Brunhart and Kentucky Governor Steven L. Beshear presented thousands of shiny, new one-cent coins to children ages 18 and under in attendance at a ceremonial launch held at the LaRue County High School gymnasium. Following the ceremony, participants exchanged their coins and currency for the one-cent coins bearing the new design.

The log cabin design is the first of four new designs Americans will see on the reverse of the penny this year. Inscriptions on the reverse are UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, E PLURIBUS UNUM and ONE CENT, as well as the inscription 1809, the year President Lincoln was born. The coin's reverse was designed by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program Master Designer Richard Masters and sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Jim Licaretz.

The obverse (heads) of the redesigned Lincoln penny will continue to bear sculptor Victor David Brenner's likeness of President Lincoln, introduced in 1909. Inscriptions on the obverse are IN GOD WE TRUST, LIBERTY and 2009.

The United States Mint issued numismatic versions of the four redesigned pennies with exactly the same metallic content as the 1909 coin (95 percent copper, five percent tin and zinc).
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimage >>

This one must have been a no-brainer----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file