Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

VCP help on 1979 Gretzky Sportcaster in PSA 9

Any assistance if data exists on the item in the title is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.

Comments

• Options
    cefy1cefy1 Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Bump, still looking for help.

Thanks

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Sportscaster Hockey that is listed is some of the 1977s on VCP, no 1979s. image Good luck finding what you are looking for?
  • Options
    The Sportscaster is 1977-79 and listed that way in VCP as well as PSA. No recorded sales of a PSA 9. Only PSA is a 5 that sold for $56 a year ago.

• Options
    about 2 years ago
    a PSA 9 sold in the $600-$800 range
    ... I BELIEVE

I say this because because I remember putting in a low ball offer of around $300 to $400 ... cant quite remeber
    and I think the buy it now price was $800 or best offer
    but I think he accepted a lower offer, thats why I say $600-$800
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    There is a PSA 10 on Ebay right now ---- Link

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Thanks Guys.

I might have been on that same one 2 years ago, just picked one up for $450 privately. Will post a picture when it arrives.

• Options

<< <i>Thanks Guys.

I might have been on that same one 2 years ago, just picked one up for $450 privately. Will post a picture when it arrives. >>

Cool

Then I can trade you for it :-)
  • Options
    My younger brother collected these cards, while I collected the World War II cards.

The sportcards came in packs the mail every two weeks or so. I think there were 24 cards in every pack and a story booklet every third pack. You would pay for the pack and another pack would follow in a week or so. They were issued between 1977 and 1979. This is what I remember about the cards and this is how the World War II cards were issued, please correct me if I am wrong, it has been awhile.

For example: The Gretzky card was issued in 1979; the Nolan Ryan card was issued in 1978; the Ted Williams card was issued in 1977. The way to tell what packet the cards came in is as follows:

The Gretzky card number is 03 005 77-10 - (77 is the pack it came in and 10 is the number of the card in the pack)
    The Ryan card number is 03 005 23-04 - (23 is the pack it came in and 04 is the number of the card in the pack)
    The Williams card number is 03 005 13-03 - (13 is the pack it came in and 03 is the number of the card in the pack)

Larry Bird (74-18) and Earvin Johnson (78-02) are shown in their college uniforms.

03 005 is the series

How many packs were issued, I have no idea. The highest card number I found in his cards is 102 -20 (NCAA record card).

Does anyone have a complete listing of the cards.

Brian

Complete not Graded as of yet
    1962 Topps Baseball Set
    1962 Panel Stamp Set (245)
    62 Empty Wax Box & Wrapper Set

Looking for 1962 Salesmen Samples
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I just want to say that the sportscaster Gretzky is one of my favorites (close tie with the '79 OPC).

Beautiful card!
  • Options
    Here's my favorite early Gretzky.

postcard
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's my favorite early Gretzky.

postcard >>

What's on the back of those?? Might make a 'different" card to get signed for my signed rookie collection.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Front and back of the postcards.

imageimage