Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I know its been beat to the ground, but the LIFO grading structure confounds me...

I have 3x 50+ card orders at psa...one logged 11/5, one 12/3, and one 12/22...care to guess which popped first?
At least the 11/5 sub should pop within a week.
pete
Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Which one Pete?
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which one Pete? >>

Lets just say you aren't the big winner today (being on the 12/3 sub).
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Darn it! Lucky for me I'm a patient man (to a point)......
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Doubt it's actually LIFO. I suspect it has a LOT more to do with composition of the submission. The more different types, sports, years, etc that are submitted, the longer they seem to take. The group subs tend to be all over the place, so that MAY explain them. My fastest subs have always been ones that are all very similar.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I think the chicks that do the card counting/confirmation when the submission boxes are opened have some type of 'cart list'. Neutral parties simply basing sub location on the designated 'cart' from what is understood to be similar, or possibly color related. There has to be some sort of organization of it, doesn't there ? I'm still trying to decipher it myself.

I am gathering it is in fact related to how many similar type cards are listed in a row on the 'forms'. That is my guess based on trying varying submissions. If it ain't receieved and graded in 4 days, it will take the full 45 days or whatever. But maybe submit more blue cards at the top to ensure quickness. Chicks dig blue.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

Doubt it's actually LIFO. I suspect it has a LOT more to do with composition of the submission. The more different types, sports, years, etc that are submitted, the longer they seem to take. The group subs tend to be all over the place, so that MAY explain them. My fastest subs have always been ones that are all very similar. >>

Someone submitted at the sun times show and posted their grades like two weeks ago, same day as me and I'm still waiting. My sub consisted of a lot of oddball and different sports. So I would
    have to agree with your theory.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Am I the big Weiner???
    Hook'em
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Am I the big Weiner??? >>

It's probably my fault.

Venezuelan 1972 150 Al Oliver Sticker / Stamp
    Venezuelan 1977 136 Reggie Jackson Sticker
    Venezuelan 1977 165 Vida Blue Sticker
    Venezuelan 1977 170 Willie Stargell Sticker
    Venezuelan 1977 176 Carl Yastrezemski Sticker
    Venezuelan 1977 178 Thurman Munson Sticker
    Fleer 1980 11 Cleveland Browns / End Around
    OPC 1981 118 Dale Murphy Grey Back
    Perma Graphics 1983 na Andre Dawson Super Star
    Perma Graphics 1983 na Al Oliver Super Star
    Topps 1984 404 Ted Simmons All Star Tiffany
    Topps 1984 516 Expos Leaders Tiffany
    Topps 1984 620 Al Oliver Tiffany
    Topps 1984 630 Ted Simmons Tiffany
    Topps 1985 130 Al Oliver Tiffany
    Fleer 1987 249 Joe Carter Glossy
    Fleer 1987 528 Ted Simmons
    Fleer 1988 549 Ted Simmons Glossy
    Donruss 1990 114 Joe Carter Aqueous Test
    Action Packed 1991 50 Ozzie Newsome
    Upper Deck 2008 x3-AP Albert Pujols Xponential 3
    TriStar 2008 31 Jason Hayward Projetions

Sorry.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I had "mid-January" in my mind from day 1. I won't be disappointed unless the 12/3 loggage takes longer to pop than that. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    This one had some variety (mostly cefy1's different gretzkys), so I am not sure what it is...but those venezuelan's from davidpuddy can't help image
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>This one had some variety (mostly cefy1's different gretzkys), so I am not sure what it is...but those venezuelan's from davidpuddy can't help image >>

Yeah, I expect individual years don't affect it much (based on my experience), but going from vintage to modern, changing sports, etc probably splits the order. I suspect they also have certain items that have to go to the "main" graders, while other items can be graded by more people.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Just send everything super express

ate Received: 7/23/2007
    Date Shipped: 7/27/2007

Date Received: 2/12/2009
    Date Shipped: 2/16/2009