Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Muggyman gets (12) cello packs back from PSA and shows the results...

In October, I made this video showing my submission of 12 cello packs to PSA. 5 were raw, 7 were GAI crossovers...
October 2010: Muggyman sends in 12 cello packs to PSA

December 2010, I am showing you the grades...
Muggyman receives 12 cello packs back from PSA

Nice packs, right?

Comments

• Options
    sweet!!!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Muggy, Insane man! Congrats on the results, to bad about the Elway, But keep the video's coming!
  • Options
    You have a fantastic collection of packs. image
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Muggy,

Those are OUT OF CONTROL!!!! Congrats. One thing though, you might want to take a class in making videos at the local college. Just kidding, it was awesome image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Great packs, it definitely is a shame that the Elway didn't grade, but I love the Clemens, Mcgwire and Wizard of Oz. Those little stands work great for displaying the graded packs.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    More nice packs
    The Elway pack was a little loose, I wonder if that had something to do with it
    Also on the Sosa pack - does PSA drop a grade if the top card is upside down from the label?
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great videos! I checked out all of them.
    I love that 85 cello box full of Clemens rookies, McGwires and Goodens.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

hammered asked, "...on the Sosa pack - does PSA drop a grade if the top card is upside down from the label?"

Mug answered, "I don't think so, it was only a GAI 8.5, so it was exactly what I expected."

Downtown1974, thanks man for watching the assortment of videos, Happy New Year!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muggy, Once again sick stuff. The top and bottom cellos are amazing.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Awesome videos!!! I knew I shouldn't have opened up all of the cellos over the years. But how could I not? How can YOU not?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    is that a real '68 cello with Seaver on top?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    ThoseBackPages...

No silly! And, that wasn't a real 1982 Donruss Ripken pack either. I believe they only made these "cello boxes" in '70, '71, and '72.

All those are just homemade displays stuffed with 30 cards interchangeable a la Muggyman... Ya think I should market those like the Baseball Card Kid did Christmas rackpacks?

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Nice video and cool cat !
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    yo Muggie!

funny video. Nice packs. Keep it going!

OK you've shown the cats, where's the girl?
  • Options
    Who likes Muggyman's videos?...

There she is flatfoot... Mrs. Mug!

• Options
    ha ha NICE!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    do you regret busting the marino?
  • Options
    Muggy,

Thanks for finding this forum and for all the entertaining posts and you tube videos.
    You made many fans in 2010.
    (But I do wish you would handle your packs a little more carefully!)

AS far as your question about protecting racks. I bought a mid 80's collections and there were a few racks in the with a big cardsaver-like pouch protecting them. There's no manufacturer name on it and I have yet to research whether or not these rack protectors are still produced. Most of my older racks are protected by the GAI packaging but it sure does increase the size of them!

Will 2011 be the year of PSA grading Racks? I hope so

Happy New Year to you and all of the forum!!!

Steve
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs. Muggy 1/1

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Muggy, great videos,, but i have to admit i think i seen the swimsuit version of mrs. muggy before u edited and hey bro there aint no shame,, shes beautiful, wow,,bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    GREAT cellos!!!!!!
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    hello Mrs. Muggy--pleased to make your acquaintance!!

flatfoot likes her better than the cat.....
  • Options
    Mr. Mug rules the world image