Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did me some trimming last night while watching bowl games . . .

. . . and I must admit, it was quite liberating. I guess technically it is called "hand-cutting", although Chaz would call it "sheet cutting". Anyway, inspired by Downtown's "Back to Old School Collecting" thread, this will be my return to vintage raw. Some of these I had cut out as panels 30+ years ago as a ute, others I have picked up here and there on ebay. I will have about 75 from the various years that at least have the full border and are presentable when I am done. Thanks for looking.

First, some '78's and '79's. Note the intricate redesign of the front from 1978 to 1979, a complete overhaul:

Finally, some '76's (my favorite) and some '77's:

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I like the 76's the best too. Nice trimming.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    The 76's were my favorite also. Not to mention that it kind of reminds me of the '76 Topps set, which is also one of my favorites from the 70s.image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Great memories of those cards. I was 8 years old in 76 and totally remember my mom going to the store and buying them for us.

brian
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Overall some nice cuts there - by hand or "page cutter"?.....just curious...

BTW - Hostess made me fat image
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Overall some nice cuts there - by hand or "page cutter"?.....just curious...

BTW - Hostess made me fat image >>

Hostess made me fat, now Little Debbies make me fatter.

ddfamf, I simply put a new blade in my utility knife and used a drywall square for the guide. It actually worked pretty well. There are others on these forums who know much more about this, some who have had success submitting hostess panels to PSA for 9 and 10 grades.